Warriors v Pelicans Series Thread (4-1 GS) :: A Gentlemen's sweep it is

11sanchez11

I’d be fine even if we  just run it back 

Rondo- Jrue

Jrue-Moore- Clark- Miller

Moore- Miller - Hill

AD - Mirotic - Hill

Boogie - Ad - Diallo

But people said we had no flexibility to add decent players this year and we managed to get Rondo, Mirotic, Miller, and Clark.

48 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Yeah putting AD on KD isn’t the answer, It hurts the Pelicans everywhere else on defense.

Leave Jrue on him. He’s doing a fine job, KD is just hitting heavily contested shots. You live with that.

You leave Jrue on KD and give him some help when he catches it in the mid post/elbow area. When Iggy/Dray are on the court, that's two guys you could help off of. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You leave Jrue on KD and give him some help when he catches it in the mid post/elbow area. When Iggy/Dray are on the court, that's two guys you could help off of. 

Yep. They need to live with it if Iggy and Green hit 3s against them. Ideally, if you can get those 2 to shoot 8-15 deep shots you should be in good shape. Much better than if you let KD go 10/10 from 12 feet lol

4 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

Yeah putting AD on KD isn’t the answer, It hurts the Pelicans everywhere else on defense.

Leave Jrue on him. He’s doing a fine job, KD is just hitting heavily contested shots. You live with that.

Yep that’s why I am baffled why people say to put AD on KD. Those cuts to the basket, , those misdirections that Warriors love to do and Steph penetrating are all opened up with AD guarding KD. 

So when AD was guarding KD, the first possession KD hit a three in his face. Second possession AD blocked KD's jumper. Third time they were matched up against each other KD took him to the bucket and hit him with a step back 7 footer. And the last time he ran AD off a screen and hit a three pointer. So AD doesn't really affect him. I don't think length is the answer here. The times I've seen KD struggle were against teams like Memphis/Dallas where guys like Allen/Matthews were extremely physical with him at the catch point and cut his drives off and made him pull up. Jrue is doing a nice job at that but KD just is rising above him. When has length or bigger defenders bothered him? Kawhi/LeBron have good size and KD has no problem scoring on them. Now, don't have AD's size but the point still stands. 

47 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So when AD was guarding KD, the first possession KD hit a three in his face. Second possession AD blocked KD's jumper. Third time they were matched up against each other KD took him to the bucket and hit him with a step back 7 footer. And the last time he ran AD off a screen and hit a three pointer. So AD doesn't really affect him. I don't think length is the answer here. The times I've seen KD struggle were against teams like Memphis/Dallas where guys like Allen/Matthews were extremely physical with him at the catch point and cut his drives off and made him pull up. Jrue is doing a nice job at that but KD just is rising above him. When has length or bigger defenders bothered him? Kawhi/LeBron have good size and KD has no problem scoring on them. Now, don't have AD's size but the point still stands. 

I think Mark Jackson (or whoever it was) made a good point saying don't put Davis on him after Durant has already caught fire.  At that point he's not going to be hurt by Davis' length.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

I think Mark Jackson (or whoever it was) made a good point saying don't put Davis on him after Durant has already caught fire.  At that point he's not going to be hurt by Davis' length.

Catching fire or not, my point is when has length or bigger defenders ever bothered him? He just breaks them down and takes them to the rack, something he can't do as successfully against guys like Jrue/Allen/Matthews. 

10 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think you have to have a guy with athleticism and length. LeBron doesn't defend KD well because he doesn't play with enough energy. As I recall, Kawhi does a good job on him. Tony Allen is Tony Allen.

Just now, jrry32 said:

I think you have to have a guy with athleticism and length. LeBron doesn't defend KD well because he doesn't play with enough energy. As I recall, Kawhi does a good job on him. Tony Allen is Tony Allen.

Kawhi really doesn't affect him all that much to be honest. They have been matched up for three playoff series and Durant has done to him and Green what he does to everyone else. Matthews has defended him better than anyone I have ever seen defend him. Played him super physical and didn't allow him to get to the rim as he would cut his drives off.

LeBron can't guard him because Durant makes him move side to side and LeBron simply can't keep up. And this is going back to when he was a dominant defender during his Heat days. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Kawhi really doesn't affect him all that much to be honest. They have been matched up for three playoff series and Durant has done to him and Green what he does to everyone else. Matthews has defended him better than anyone I have ever seen defend him. Played him super physical and didn't allow him to get to the rim as he would cut his drives off.

LeBron can't guard him because Durant makes him move side to side and LeBron simply can't keep up. And this is going back to when he was a dominant defender during his Heat days. 

http://bkref.com/tiny/ZvEcH

http://bkref.com/tiny/djyjR

http://bkref.com/tiny/dfco7

http://bkref.com/tiny/VVkLZ

Archived