4th Round Pick (133rd Overall): J'Mon Moore [WR; Mizzou]

Packerraymond

2 minutes ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

We're not ****ty, ****ty teams are lovable.  We are mediocre, nobody likes mediocre.  Remember that time that you cooked that amazing hamburger? Hell yes! Remember the time you dropped the burger in the coals and it was horrible?  Yes... Remember that burger you got from McDonalds in 1992? Mizzou is that McDonalds burger.  

I was a Hardee's guy in '92

7 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

It was an initial reaction before I had more information to base my opinion on.  If YOU would have bothered to read through the thread, you would have seen that, as I was corrected and informed, my opinion had changed as I was told more about him.  You want my initial opinion to be based on what I knew 30 minutes after my initial opinion or something?  Sheesh. 

First of all, you are a troll

21 minutes ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

I followed the story, pretty close.  I'm going to try to keep this as polite as possible.  There are actors on campus that will use underhanded means to accomplish their goals.  Moore, and some of the football team were participants in these groups.  I do not care for these groups.  Therefore I do not care for J'Mon Moore.  You can believe what you want on the matter, that is your right, just as it is mine to disagree with them.  I don't really want to have these arguments for the 300th time.  I do not believe that I will ever be a fan of J'Mon Moore and I wish he were not a member of my beloved Packers

Do you have a link to any of these claims?

There were real and tangible consequences to these actions - taken by alot of very responsible people. People in leadership positions. The school experienced a very real downturn in interest and revenues. These are real. These are known and traceable. I find nothing - either concurrent to the events - or written afterwards which indicates all (or any) of these real and tangible consequences was based on falsehoods. Do you have link to any credible sources that contradicts these facts? If so, please share them. Three links have been provided already with supports the cause and result of the protests.

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

There were real and tangible consequences to these actions - taken by alot of very responsible people. People in leadership positions. The school experienced a very real downturn in interest and revenues. These are real. These are known and traceable. I find nothing - either concurrent to the events - or written afterwards which indicates all (or any) of these real and tangible consequences was based on falsehoods. Do you have link to any credible sources that contradicts these facts? If so, please share them. Three links have been provided already with supports the cause and result of the protests.

Ignoring the issue of whether or not claims of racist actions were fabricated or not, why the hell are they protesting the University President?

The University President had no history of racist actions. 

24 minutes ago, Leader said:

What kind of evidence are you expecting? The reported claims leading up the protests were all, "He said, She said" actions. Neither side presented any evidence. Unless someone comes out and admits to either doing the shouting of racist insults, or lying about them, what evidence is there?

Just because the administration took action does not mean that the claims were legitimate. 

If you want to look into the kid who started the protests by making the claims, feel free. Start with a search of his comments about stealing hotel breakfasts and wanting to be beaten like Rodney King. 

That sort of activity seriously raises questions about the accusations he made.

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

I'm going to refrain from talking politics any more than I already have because I believe I am tip-toeing the line already.  The situation started when a grad student was trying to get the University to either pay more for the work he was doing or for insurance (I don't recall which) and decided that he was going to throw a fit until he got what he wanted.  This led to many protests, swept up a portion of the football team and led to the infamous Melissa Click tantrum.

You can believe whatever side you want, I don't care.  I am not a fan of the movements behind a lot of this stuff, and J'Mon was one of the ringleaders among the football players.  

Again though, let's try to make this about football.  I don't know if Moore can/does play special teams.  I also don't know if Valdes-Scantling does either.  I don't think that Geronimo does.  This is how extra WRs make the roster.  We will keep at least 5 of them.  We know Cobb and Adams will be two.  We will have a battle on our hands for at least 3 WR spots.  

13 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Ignoring the issue of whether or not claims of racist actions were fabricated or not, why the hell are they protesting the University President?

The University President had no history of racist actions. 

The buck stops at the top, yo.

Obviously wasn't fit to lead. He handled the whole thing very poorly from everything I see. I mean it got to the point that GOP politicians were calling for him to step down lol

23 minutes ago, Chili said:

Would it be fair to say that Moore is a similar type/style WR to Chark?

As I said earlier, I see what we hoped Charles Johnson would be.  Maybe a not quite as good, but not always injured Danario Alexander if you stay with Missouri players.  This has mostly Minnesota highlights, there was a good Charles Johnson Saginaw Valley highlight reel, but I can't find it.  

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

The buck stops at the top, yo.

Obviously wasn't fit to lead. He handled the whole thing very poorly from everything I see. I mean it got to the point that GOP politicians were calling for him to step down lol

Do the research into Jonathan Butler (the guy who started the protest). Pay particular attention to the blog piece he posted entitled, "My summer breakfast experience". It's an eye opener.

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Do the research into Jonathan Butler (the guy who started the protest). Pay particular attention to the blog piece he posted entitled, "My summer breakfast experience". It's an eye opener.

I don't care what led up to it - just saying the president handled it terribly. And being the Uni president is an obvious target for protests. Should be prepared.

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I don't care what led up to it - just saying the president handled it terribly. And being the Uni president is an obvious target for protests. Should be prepared.

What did he do poorly?

Not blast Feguson police for the Michael Brown shooting that ended up being justified?

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What did he do poorly?

Not blast Feguson police for the Michael Brown shooting that ended up being justified?

Ask Rep. Cookson I guess. He followed it more closely than I did. I'm just smart enough to realize when this happens, things were run poorly.

Rep. Steven Cookson (R), chairman of the Missouri House Committee on Higher Education, said Wolfe “can no longer effectively lead” the university system and called Wolfe’s reaction to protesters’ concerns “callous.” Another Republican lawmaker also urged Wolfe to resign

Archived