Carlson Is Mr. Wrong After He Misses Right (waived pg. 17)

SemperFeist

15 hours ago, Klomp said:

:D

We are at the fourth-highest elevation (when the Raiders move to Las Vegas, they will be second)

1. Denver
2. Arizona
3. Atlanta
4. Minnesota

12 NFL stadiums are at 50 feet above sea level or lower.

I love these types of factoids.

Would not have guessed Atlanta was that high...then again, I've never been. 

26 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

I love these types of factoids.

Would not have guessed Atlanta was that high...then again, I've never been. 

I've been to Atlanta and the air was not noticeably thinner than the 1125 feet elevation where I live in MN. But my guess is the same could be said for all stadiums other than Denver. After all, 1125 feet is just over 21% of a mile. I would guess more of the NFL stadiums are clustered in that bottom 20% with a large gap to Denver's stadium.

58 minutes ago, disaacs said:

Which circle is that?  

Without a doubt the lowest Circle… Number 9… Number 9… Num…

http://historylists.org/art/9-circles-of-hell-dantes-inferno.html

The last Ninth Circle of Hell is divided into 4 Rounds according to the seriousness of the sin though all residents are frozen in an icy lake (Dec 31, 1967, Jan 5, 2008). Those who committed more severe sin are deeper within the ice. Each of the 4 Rounds is named after an individual who personifies the sin. Thus Round 1 is named Barra after Antonio Barr who killed his brother Aaron, Round 2 is named Teda after Ted Thompson of Troy who was the Packers counselor during the Draft Wars, Round 3 is named Matthewsa after William Clay (son of William Clay (son of William Clay)), while Round 4 is named Favrea after Judas Iscariot, the one who betrayed the Packer faithful by wearing a purple jersey.

3 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

I've been to Atlanta and the air was not noticeably thinner than the 1125 feet elevation where I live in MN. But my guess is the same could be said for all stadiums other than Denver. After all, 1125 feet is just over 21% of a mile. I would guess more of the NFL stadiums are clustered in that bottom 20% with a large gap to Denver's stadium.

Just to give you an idea of the disparity:

Denver's stadium is about 5195 feet above sea level. Arizona's stadium is about 1067 feet above sea level, which is currently the second-highest elevation in the NFL. Atlanta's is just over 1000 feet and in 3rd. US Bank Stadium (currently 4th) is at about 854. And like I mentioned yesterday, 12 NFL stadiums are at 50 feet above sea level or lower.

1 hour ago, Klomp said:

12 NFL stadiums are at 50 feet above sea level or lower.

Seattle, San Francisco, Oakland, Los Angeles (2x), Miami, Tampa Bay, Jacksonville, New York (2x), Baltimore, Carolina 

my guesses

59 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Seattle, San Francisco, Oakland, Los Angeles (2x), Miami, Tampa Bay, Jacksonville, New York (2x), Baltimore, Carolina (724 feet) 

Two notes on your responses:
-Only one of the Los Angeles stadiums falls within the 50 feet (LA Coliseum is 139 feet)
-The two NY teams play in the same stadium, so they were counted as one stadium.

9/12

(you're probably going to kick yourself on two of the answers)

1 hour ago, Klomp said:

Two notes on your responses:
-Only one of the Los Angeles stadiums falls within the 50 feet (LA Coliseum is 139 feet)
-The two NY teams play in the same stadium, so they were counted as one stadium.

9/12

(you're probably going to kick yourself on two of the answers)

New Orleans?

27 minutes ago, Krauser said:

Gotta be Houston. About the same distance inland as Foxborough but sits on a flood plain so the elevation is probably lower. 

NRG Stadium: 49 feet
Gillete Stadium: 257 feet

Archived