Jump to content
.Buzz

Dede Westbrook losing favor in organization?

Recommended Posts

This is interesting to say the least...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not wholly surprised...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

He will be the #2 WR when Lee and Moncrief get hurt.

probably #3.  cole and chark over him :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With fragile Moncrief and Lee, he'll get plenty of opportunities to show that he can ball...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not really surprising, since he was at best equal to Cole (though Cole made more big plays and outproduced him). He's clearly behind Marquis and you don't pay Moncrief what they're paying him if they don't think he's going to not start. You then add DJ Chark into the mix.

I wouldn't put too much into this though, because we know we'll carry at least 5 receivers...and DeDe should be part of that at the very least. We also know that Moncrief is on a one-year deal and Lee is essentially on a 2-year deal. He isn't going anywhere. But from a fantasy standpoint? I mean, yeah. But why are you taking a Jaguar receiver in fantasy anyway unless its a late-round sleeper/depth pick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All this is speculation DeDe will be fine as long as he stays out of trouble.. its a deep position group with no emerging no. 1. We'll know who the best receiver is when camp concludes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Speedyg said:

Not really surprising, since he was at best equal to Cole (though Cole made more big plays and outproduced him). He's clearly behind Marquis and you don't pay Moncrief what they're paying him if they don't think he's going to not start. You then add DJ Chark into the mix.

I wouldn't put too much into this though, because we know we'll carry at least 5 receivers...and DeDe should be part of that at the very least. We also know that Moncrief is on a one-year deal and Lee is essentially on a 2-year deal. He isn't going anywhere. But from a fantasy standpoint? I mean, yeah. But why are you taking a Jaguar receiver in fantasy anyway unless its a late-round sleeper/depth pick?

Im not sure why anyone playing WR/TE for us is being mentioned in fantasy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Im not sure why anyone playing WR/TE for us is being mentioned in fantasy 

No idea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, it's kinda more surprising that he's apparently not 5th on the depth chart.

Lee+Moncrief are the clear starters.  From there, they just spent a high pick on DJ Chark...who may take a little bit of time to get prepared for the NFL, but if he's gonna live up to his draft slot, probably should be slotting in ahead of Dede sooner or later.  Plus Keelan, who i think ought to be ahead of Dede on the depth chart based on what they've shown so far.  I think it's entirely conceivable that Dede finds himself 5th on the depth chart before too long.

 

I mean, he's been fine depth and stepped up reasonably well when needed.  But he hasn't exactly shown that he's on track to be a stud starting WR imo.  Really not surprising if he slips down a depth chart that's actually pretty crowded with #2/3/4ish type WRs.

Fortunately for him, as others have said...there will inevitably be WR injuries.  Dede will have plenty of opportunity to show he can be more than a nice depth guy who can step in when injuries strike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He played OK last year when he got his chances, but I think he's been very overrated by fans who assume he was a stud coming out of college if not for poor character. 

 

He's a low ceiling, smallish possession receiver. With options now on the team who can possibly scare a defense, it doesn't surprise me how easily the team upgraded his role from last season. 

 

I think he peaked as a rookie. We have some interesting upside at the position. It's a good thing Dede is sliding down the depth chart. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2018 at 3:10 PM, Tugboat said:

Honestly, it's kinda more surprising that he's apparently not 5th on the depth chart.

Lee+Moncrief are the clear starters.  From there, they just spent a high pick on DJ Chark...who may take a little bit of time to get prepared for the NFL, but if he's gonna live up to his draft slot, probably should be slotting in ahead of Dede sooner or later.  Plus Keelan, who i think ought to be ahead of Dede on the depth chart based on what they've shown so far.  I think it's entirely conceivable that Dede finds himself 5th on the depth chart before too long.

 

I mean, he's been fine depth and stepped up reasonably well when needed.  But he hasn't exactly shown that he's on track to be a stud starting WR imo.  Really not surprising if he slips down a depth chart that's actually pretty crowded with #2/3/4ish type WRs.

Fortunately for him, as others have said...there will inevitably be WR injuries.  Dede will have plenty of opportunity to show he can be more than a nice depth guy who can step in when injuries strike.

as long as we keep Mickens as well. i dont wanna lose our stud PR man just cuz roster position numbers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

as long as we keep Mickens as well. i dont wanna lose our stud PR man just cuz roster position numbers. 

Chark will be the PR imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×