2019 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

They are the most Eagles guys in the first round

ive started to think they might trade up for Ferrell for awhile

McLaurin is the most Eagle round 2 pick. Great attitude and also great on special teams. Senior bowl standout (we draft a lot of them). We're shopping Agholor. We need a deep threat. He plays inside and out. He makes tons of sense.

36 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

They are the most Eagles guys in the first round

ive started to think they might trade up for Ferrell for awhile

I don´t think I´d hate it but would hate to lose one of our seconds. 

I´d be okay with pretty much everything but trading down. Boy, do I hate it. No matter the year. 

9 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I don´t think I´d hate it but would hate to lose one of our seconds. 

I´d be okay with pretty much everything but trading down. Boy, do I hate it. No matter the year. 

I wouldn't hate a trade down into the 2nd if it got us some average or worse teams 2020 1st. I'm also obsessed with Etienne and Swift as RB prospects for next year and am under the assumption we would take one with said 2020 1st, so I may be biased.

2 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

It seems like every time we trade down we screw up. Maybe 2007 and 2008 traumatized me for life. 

That's because we did screw it up every time, but Chip forced Howie to change from a caterpillar to a butterfly, and now we might not screw it up. We probably would though.

The priority should be a LT in the 1st round without a doubt. Jason Peters can hardly stay healthy if he doesn't retire or be released. Big V did win us a super bowl, but it is too much of a risk for him to be our starting LT with injuries at O-line. Our D-line is in better shape than our D-line and the RBs aren't strong enough to be considered in the 1st, we have a better RB on the roster right now than the #1 RB in the draft (Jacobs). Unless someone like Simmons, Oliver or Allen drop to our 1st pick, it should be a LT replacement. 

Williams probably won't fall, if he did, he would be a steal. Dillard is an athletic tackle that has performed well at the combine. He started football late and he needs time to work on his technique, but he's already at the level of a top tackle in the draft with more potential to give. He just needs more time. He might not be here either. Greg Little would be next LT up, but I'm not his biggest fan. His strength lacks in the run game, even though pass is so important, I want my future tackles to be strong in run and pass if I'm taking them with a 1st round pick. 

14 hours ago, Wentz2Ertz said:

The priority should be a LT in the 1st round without a doubt.

The priority should not be determining a set position to draft in the 1st round, especially without knowing who will be available.

Like you even admitted Williams won't be there and Dillard may not either... which I agree with.

Dillard while having a fairly high ceiling is seen by people (more knowledgeable on offensive line play than I am) as needing to sit behind someone preferably for a bit which seems to be a sentiment that you also share.

So, if we do move on from Peters isn't it more sensible to have Big V and free agent tackle compete for the job? 

I guess you could still bring in a veteran tackle and draft Dillard which I could get on board with, but it still isn't smart to pigeonhole us like that.

Speaking of project tackles we have our eyes on at least one so far though...

and soon after that tidbit came this news...

Top 30 visits are always pretty indicative.

Usually one of the players that is a top 30 visit will end up being our first rounder.

Now, Howard is like a 3rd round projected player, but this still shows a lot of interest. 

3 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

The priority should not be determining a set position to draft in the 1st round, especially without knowing who will be available.

Like you even admitted Williams won't be there and Dillard may not either... which I agree with.

Dillard while having a fairly high ceiling is seen by people (more knowledgeable on offensive line play than I am) as needing to sit behind someone preferably for a bit which seems to be a sentiment that you also share.

So, if we do move on from Peters isn't it more sensible to have Big V and free agent tackle compete for the job? 

I guess you could still bring in a veteran tackle and draft Dillard which I could get on board with, but it still isn't smart to pigeonhole us like that.

Usually one of the players that is a top 30 visit will end up being our first rounder.

Now, Howard is like a 3rd round projected player, but this still shows a lot of interest. 

Meh. Dude had the worst OL 3-cone at the combine. Should probably be a OG. Hopefully we're not looking at him as a potential LT.

4 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I think LT is the biggest hole on the team especially after re-signing Graham and seeing how many safeties will be available in free agency. It's much easier signing D-linemen and safeties than a starting LT. I'm not suggesting draft a LT by any means necessary because the talent does drop off after Williams, Dillard and Little. I think if there's an opportunity to trade up for Dillard or Williams, I would consider it. Our D-line is 1 FA signing away to be as good as last year. Our secondary has improved after seeing how Maddox and Douglas have played the last quarter of the season. Everything else is still strong from when we won the super bowl except our O-line. 

45 minutes ago, Wentz2Ertz said:

I think LT is the biggest hole on the team especially after re-signing Graham and seeing how many safeties will be available in free agency. It's much easier signing D-linemen and safeties than a starting LT. I'm not suggesting draft a LT by any means necessary because the talent does drop off after Williams, Dillard and Little. I think if there's an opportunity to trade up for Dillard or Williams, I would consider it. Our D-line is 1 FA signing away to be as good as last year. Our secondary has improved after seeing how Maddox and Douglas have played the last quarter of the season. Everything else is still strong from when we won the super bowl except our O-line. 

we won the superbowl with a crappy player at LT though

Archived