2019 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I'm not a huge athletic testing guy, but there are just few to no examples of successful NFL careers of players with that poor of an athletic profile. 

Football player vs athlete/track I'm going with the football player

20 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

He avg'd over 6 ypc...more than Joshua Jacobs. 

You act as if College YPC is a meaningful statistic. It really doesn't correlate to pro success. 

Holyfield looks like YAC Ertz running out there.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

You act as if College YPC is a meaningful statistic. It really doesn't correlate to pro success. 

Holyfield looks like YAC Ertz running out there.

its not meaningless but you guys act as if the kid can't run at all!

All jokes aside. 

A top 5 program with 'chip aspirations had him running more times than their blue chip RB. Yet your convinced because hes timed slow in a 40yd dash he can't run at the next level.  

Meanwhile Jacobs being 3rd on his team in yds per carry and total yards means nothing yet he's a better prospect than his teammates?

Just now, nlesthought said:

its not meaningless but you guys act as if the kid can't run at all!

A top 5 program with 'chip aspirations had him running more times than their blue chip RB. Yet your convinced because hes timed slow in a 40yd dash he can't run at the next level.  

Meanwhile Jacobs being 3rd on his team in yds per carry and total yards means nothing yet he's a better prospect than his teammates?

While his 40 time is underwhelming, my primary concern is that he's just so stiff looking when he runs. All those highlights you showed above did nothing to change that in my eyes, none of them were remotely impressive.

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

While his 40 time is underwhelming, my primary concern is that he's just so stiff looking when he runs. All those highlights you showed above did nothing to change that in my eyes, none of them were remotely impressive.

So he's supposed to look yoga like when he runs? Got it. 

I think you're comparing him to other top flight athletes doing hurdles and bending etc 

Barkley

Gurley

Ewok

Bell 

Those guys are world class athletes, all I'm saying is Holyfield is an efficient ball carrier. 

EDIT: There isn't a world class RB in this draft. 

Archived