2019 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

I see a lot of "some teams don't like this guy," but it only takes one team to like him and he's gone.
You  can't bank on every team not liking him because "some teams" don't.
I think the Eagles stand pat looking for a "some" guy to fall and if one doesn't, they trade down, not up.

Trading down with the Rams nets a third.
A little higher than that only costs a 5th or 6th.
That's a good haul if the next tier provides an equal player.

I mean, how about trading down with the Chiefs so that they can get Jaylon Ferguson?
The Eagles get a 1 and a 3 (only dropping a few spots) and surrender a paltry 6*.

This is assuming other teams recognize that players like Oliver and Dillard are worth a lot and snag them.

*The is purely speculative.
But, it is meant to represent a sane version of what could happen.

On 3/29/2019 at 4:51 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

Yeah! Having depth is just the worst!! 

Depth is more about guys getting quality snaps  so they can play when needed. DL need snaps in order to make an impact...the DE we just went complained on lack of snaps...we had decent depth with two unknown DTs last yeah yeah the pass rush took a hit run D held up...I can think of our depth at DE their play took a hit from year to year. 

6 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Depth is more about guys getting quality snaps  so they can play when needed. DL need snaps in order to make an impact...the DE we just went complained on lack of snaps...we had decent depth with two unknown DTs last yeah yeah the pass rush took a hit run D held up...I can think of our depth at DE their play took a hit from year to year. 

Real talk. I read this 5 times and have no idea what your point is..........

Let's say the first 24 picks went like this and nobody wants to trade up. Who are you taking?

1. Cards- Murray

2. 49ers- Bosa

3. Jets- Josh Allen

4. Raiders- Q. Williams

5. Bucs- Brian Burns

6. Giants- M. Sweat

7. Jags- J. Taylor

8. Lions- Hockenson

9. Bills- Ed Oliver

10. Broncos- Devin White

11. Bengals- Devin Bush

12. Packers- Metcalf

13. Dolphins- Gary

14. Falcons- Wilkins

15. Redskins- Haskins

16. Panthers- Dillard

17. Giants- Lock

18. Vikings- J. Williams

19. Titans- Bradbury

20. Steelers- Greedy

21. Seahawks- Chauncy Gardner Johnson

22. Ravens- Cody Ford

23. Texans- Risner

24. Raiders- Ferrell 

25. Eagles ????????

To me, Adderly or Simmons. 

Getting a top 10 prospect is so tempting, but can we afford to have a redshirt player at 25 when you can grab a player like Adderly that would be an immediate player that would provide a needed role. It is an interesting debate for sure.

14 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

To me, Adderly or Simmons. 

Getting a top 10 prospect is so tempting, but can we afford to have a redshirt player at 25 when you can grab a player like Adderly that would be an immediate player that would provide a needed role. It is an interesting debate for sure.

If it comes down to that, trade back tbh. One of em will be available early 2nd easy.

Just now, Danger said:

If it comes down to that, trade back tbh. One of em will be available early 2nd easy.

It's not that simple. You got to have somebody who wants to trade up. Unless somebody is in love with Daniel Jones, I don't see who somebody would trade up for in this scenario. Maybe GB or NE would want to jump up to get over each other to grab Fant, but I would have a hard time seeing a huge market for a trade if the board fell like this.

20 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Real talk. I read this 5 times and have no idea what your point is..........

You’re hyping the idea of depth along the DL when depth is only valuable when you have injuries. 

Edit: if I have a top 25 pick and I can only get him on the field for 20% of the snaps for his first 2-3 years how is my team benefiting? 

Archived