2019 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

1 hour ago, Danger said:

BfIdHgP.png

Jesus I didn´t know it was that bad. 

I still wanted him, I really think this offense should go back to the power running game and make it a staple. We were most effective when we brought the big back in the 4th or in January and punish the tired defense. 

Duce spent some time with Devin Singletary at FAU pro day yesterday

Rod Marinelli spent a lot of time with Trysten Hill at UCF pro day. I don't want the Cowboys to take him! He's very similar to Sheldon Richardson. My fave 3-tech DT projected to go in the 3rd or later. Stay away Dallas. 

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I think the Eagles are telling everyone they like Jacobs so the Raiders take him at 24

They probably genuinely like him, just not enough to take him in the 1st. If he lasted to our 2nd round picks, we would snap him up without hesitation.

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Duce spent some time with Devin Singletary at FAU pro day yesterday

Rod Marinelli spent a lot of time with Trysten Hill at UCF pro day. I don't want the Cowboys to take him! He's very similar to Sheldon Richardson. My fave 3-tech DT projected to go in the 3rd or later. Stay away Dallas. 

Stay away from Singletary...volume touches in a change of pace body...

8 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I think the Eagles are telling everyone they like Jacobs so the Raiders take him at 24

Since when do the Eagles 1: Tell the world they like a Prospect and 2: Take a RB in the first rd?

Reason it's been 30+ years. 

I'd  be absolutely  shocked (Pleasantly mind you) if Jacob's was there and taken by the Eagles. Shocked!

I think (and hope) there is no way we take Josh Jacobs in the first. I think it's easily most likely that we trade down.

The more I listen to Howie talk about this and next year's drafts, he keeps emphasizing the high amount of picks we have. We need a large number of cheap rookies in the near future since we are going to pay Wentz.

It's really nice to have two 2nd round picks, but 69 prospects are going to be taken between picks #57 and #127. For a while I have thought about the possibility of packaging our two 4th round picks in order to obtain a late 3rd or early 4th to bridge this massive gap. After thinking on this further I think we achieve this by picking up extra picks from moving down in the first round.

With that said I personally would love to trade up in the first for a handful of guys.

10 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Since when do the Eagles 1: Tell the world they like a Prospect and 2: Take a RB in the first rd?

Reason it's been 30+ years. 

I'd  be absolutely  shocked (Pleasantly mind you) if Jacob's was there and taken by the Eagles. Shocked!

Fletcher Cox and Carson Wentz come to mind immediatley. We were also heavily linked to Sidney Jones and Jordan Matthews prior to their drafts.

To be fair it goes both ways, Derrius Guice last year being a prime example, but 9 times out of 10 this team drafts guys they show interest in prior to the draft by bringing them in for visits and meeting with them at their combine and working them out at pro days.

On 3/24/2019 at 3:49 AM, ninjapirate said:

Anyone worried about Jacobs being slow? When was the last time a running back ran a 4.6 and his value didnt drop at all?

Not really talking about hurting stock but Le'Veon Bell, Kareem Hunt, Arian Foster, James Conner, Chris Carson, Mark Ingram, Devonta Freeman, among others have all found success in the NFL despite running similar times. A lot of folks wanted Tevin Coleman who ran a 4.59. Hell Alvin Kamara only ran a 4.57 and Frank Gore is still kicking only ran a 4.58 out of Miami. Brian Westbrook ran a 4.59 out of Villanaova.

Long speed for a back is nice, but it's not the be all end all.

Archived