2019 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

42 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Image result for facepalm meme

Obviously hes not Trent Richardson, but his *** gonna fail like Trent Richardson and be huge BUST

There's a difference between disliking a prospect while having legitimate reason and disliking a prospect just because you don't want your team to draft them. Clearly, you fall into the latter category - nothing you've said about Jacobs has any merit or factual information behind it. 

6 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

There's a difference between disliking a prospect while having legitimate reason and disliking a prospect just because you don't want your team to draft them. Clearly, you fall into the latter category - nothing you've said about Jacobs has any merit or factual information behind it. 

Jacobs and McLeod for sure double teamed his girlfriend lol 

I get not wanting Jacobs at 25. I like Jacobs and I don't want him at 25. The positional value and just the overall lack of playing time/tape over his time in college makes sense to not want him in the 1st. If he falls into the 40's, however, then he starts to become a value and they should really start thinking about moving up for him.

There is a massive difference between trading up for a goal line back at #3 and going for a high upside do-it-all player in the 2nd. 

But he is an Alabama running back so he must suck......

1 hour ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Can you really trust Vaitai though, even this season when asked to come in you could see he wasn't playing well. 

I think it took him awhile to get into rhythm during that SB run. But with Peters being so spotty, I can trust he’s not going to completely suck

1 minute ago, nlesthought said:

I think it took him awhile to get into rhythm during that SB run. But with Peters being so spotty, I can trust he’s not going to completely suck

Vaitai can get you through a game or even a stretch of games but he is not a long term starter. If the Eagles are in a position to get a long term replacement in the draft, they should jump on it. LT is too important. 

40 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Vaitai can get you through a game or even a stretch of games but he is not a long term starter. If the Eagles are in a position to get a long term replacement in the draft, they should jump on it. LT is too important. 

I'm hearing reports are they're working on a contract extension. If he's just a swing tackle, no need to grab another player when you have the project who'll likely take another spot on the 53 unless he takes an huge step backwards.  Yeah his 5 sacks given up in '17 were noticeable but we're talking a 5th rounder in '16 who played sparingly his rookie season at RT. I trust Vaitai that I'm not grabbing an OT unless his projection is plug and play year 1.5

14 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

I'm hearing reports are they're working on a contract extension. If he's just a swing tackle, no need to grab another player when you have the project who'll likely take another spot on the 53 unless he takes an huge step backwards.  Yeah his 5 sacks given up in '17 were noticeable but we're talking a 5th rounder in '16 who played sparingly his rookie season at RT. I trust Vaitai that I'm not grabbing an OT unless his projection is plug and play year 1.5

There's about a 0% chance that Peters is on the team after this season. Given that Vaitai isn't the long term answer, I think it would make sense for us to FIND that long term answer.

If Jawaan Taylor, Jonah Williams, or Andre Dillard are there at 25, we should absolutely jump all over it.

Dalton Risner or Yodny Cajuste are guys I'd consider at 53. Maybe even David Edwards if the front office is feeling desperate.

12 minutes ago, Danger said:

There's about a 0% chance that Peters is on the team after this season. Given that Vaitai isn't the long term answer, I think it would make sense for us to FIND that long term answer.

If Jawaan Taylor, Jonah Williams, or Andre Dillard are there at 25, we should absolutely jump all over it.

Dalton Risner or Yodny Cajuste are guys I'd consider at 53. Maybe even David Edwards if the front office is feeling desperate.

Again I'm not going to say he's not the long term answer, year two he gave up 5 sacks doesn't mean the 5th rounder can't become a 5-6 year starter. 

Hell he maybe the bridge until the rugby guy is ready to become that LT answer. 

5 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Again I'm not going to say he's not the long term answer, year two he gave up 5 sacks doesn't mean the 5th rounder can't become a 5-6 year starter. 

Hell he maybe the bridge until the rugby guy is ready to become that LT answer. 

So you'd rather get a rotation runningback, and have a underperforming bridge guy at one of the most important positions at football? That makes no sense to me.

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

So you'd rather get a rotation runningback, and have a underperforming bridge guy at one of the most important positions at football? That makes no sense to me.

explain how is he underperforming? He played well enough during the SB run and rarely this past year... they aren't going to tell Lurie's best buddy Peters to retire until he's ready.  

I said Jacobs is growing on me...I didn't say clear cut take him at 25...also I think he's better than Smallwood, Sproles and possibly Clement right now. so he's an upgrade.

Give Vaitai 16 games yeah he'll have his hiccups but you would trust a rookie LT right now more than him?  

Archived