2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

Yeah..I wouldn't hate Williams, but I really despise comparing him to Donald. Someone else compared him to Fletcher Cox..if you're asking me who I'd rather have going forward..Fletcher Cox or Joey Bosa..i'd probably go Joey. (same age, same variables etc). 

3 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I think the lack of hype is a sign they want Allen, I have a feeling they’ve been intentionally tight lipped about their interest in him in an attempt to leave the possibility of a trade down is an option should a team like Oakland or Tampa wants to trade. 

That said...I also can see Bosa just being the pick no question. I don’t think QW is any more likely to be picked than Ed Oliver, Brian Burns, Clelin Ferrell, or Montez Sweat. He just doesn’t make sense to be at the top of their board. All those guys I listed have equally high potential to be an elite level player as him. 

Completely disagree if we're staying put with the second overall pick.  Those guys just aren't in the same tier as Bosa and QW in this draft.

7 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I think the lack of hype is a sign they want Allen, I have a feeling they’ve been intentionally tight lipped about their interest in him in an attempt to leave the possibility of a trade down is an option should a team like Oakland or Tampa wants to trade. 

That said...I also can see Bosa just being the pick no question. I don’t think QW is any more likely to be picked than Ed Oliver, Brian Burns, Clelin Ferrell, or Montez Sweat. He just doesn’t make sense to be at the top of their board. All those guys I listed have equally high potential to be an elite level player as him. 

Could easily be. Far as I'm concerned, this draft class is a strange hatputs. It is simultaneously lacking in guaranteed blue chippers that are worth a #2 overall selection .. yet extremely deep of top 125 talent. ( if that makes sense ) I would take no issue with SF getting trade-happy and ending up with several picks in the top 125. I think there's a fair amount of depth on the roster too.. so the more in the 15-50 range, the better.  

7 hours ago, John232 said:

Scharping is a fun watch

edit; as an aside, Bobby Evans has legit fun tape to watch. He straight buries people;. 

Good overall stuff. Part of that last comment is probably the one minor gripe that stands out most to me about Scharping. He seems like he needs to get some nasty injected in his game. That said, I have him on my BB at 50. 2nd rd, for me. It wouldn't shock me if he drops a good bit farther, but I don't set my board on where I think they will go. 

I still see him as an OT at the next level, yet agree he could see time inside, if necessary. I think his 33.6" arm length is good enough... ( same as Jonah W and better length than McGary ) and right at the acceptable threshold. He's got the feet to be just fine staying outside, for me. Because he has a legit shot to one day or even maybe quickly play some LT for a team, he gets nudged higher than some others, imo. 

7 hours ago, John232 said:

This receiver class is just ridiculously deep. There's probably like 20 guys who could come in right away and play at an above average level. Stanley Morgan Jr is another guy I think we'd be interested in. 

Also, on QW, not sure if anyone else has brought it up, but if we did sign him, I think it would be indicative of some insider plans. Most notably Ziggy, but there'd still be Nick Perry, Derrick Morgan and Benson Mayowa. Ziggy and Ford with QW and Buck in the middle isn't exactly a slouch group. But man..I really hope we'd trade Arik or Solly. 

If we do draft QW I wouldn't be surprised if Buckner is kicked outside. 

13 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

If we do draft QW I wouldn't be surprised if Buckner is kicked outside. 

I guess I wouldn't be surprised either, but I would dislike that more than the QW pick itself. Buckner is perfect where he is. Trying to play him out of position would be like playing Thomas out there (with likely just a little more success). 

11 hours ago, StevenK said:

I also believe that Williams could be the pick. I think part of that reason is because we haven’t extended (or spoke to him) Buckner and I believe he was rumored to be part of the trade for OBJ, but who knows now. Yes, I know we would be stupid to let Buckner go even if we do draft Williams, but I just have that gut feeling. I personally want Bosa, like many others. I wonder if it will leak as we get closer or if this will be hush hush until draft day. 

This is one reason why I do not like the QW idea. Buckner is my fave on D right now (Ford and Thomas are high on my like list as well) and I would like his career with us to be longer than 4-5 years. IF we were to trade him rather than extend him because we thought him expendable due to QW, that would really tick me off. I want proven production over projected potential as often as possible. Buckner is proven production. Bosa is closer to proven production than QW by virtue of lineage--he is what his father and brother were/are. 

7 hours ago, SFrush said:

I think the pick is going to be Q.Williams as well. I just think his upside will be too hard to pass up and he has less concerns with durability than Bosa. 

Yes, QW has proven he can start 14 games. That is durability? Because Bosa has done that as well.

Bosa brings a helluva lot more pressures per snap than QW. 

3 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Could easily be. Far as I'm concerned, this draft class is a strange hatputs. It is simultaneously lacking in guaranteed blue chippers that are worth a #2 overall selection .. yet extremely deep of top 125 talent. ( if that makes sense ) I would take no issue with SF getting trade-happy and ending up with several picks in the top 125. I think there's a fair amount of depth on the roster too.. so the more in the 15-50 range, the better.  

Indeed. I really like Bosa best at #2, but I am leaning toward trading down and getting us more picks and Montez Sweat. Really think that guy could be very good in our Wide 9 alignments. Also, the guy does pursue players who get past the LOS and is pretty good at it. His speed does show in games.

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

A.J. Brown fixin to run the famous hill with Jerry Rice. 

https://omny.fm/shows/joe-lo-and-dibs/jerry-rice-joins-joe-lo-and-dibs-4-15-19

Saw this and I got really excited! Perhaps too excited? I'm beginning to think AJ Brown may be the closest WR prospect to OBJ since OBJ was drafted... Really think highly of his game and potential.

15 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Can the Cardinals just draft QW force us not draft him lol

Geez, what a crime it would be to drafting arguably the best player in the draft!! Oh the horror!!!!!

Anyways, I mentioned this like a month ago, but I think Amani Hooker should be a candidate for our 2nd round pick. All the talk of the Iowa TEs, but this guy is the goods himself and really good in coverage. 

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Geez, what a crime it would be to drafting arguably the best player in the draft!! Oh the horror!!!!!

Anyways, I mentioned this like a month ago, but I think Amani Hooker should be a candidate for our 2nd round pick. All the talk of the Iowa TEs, but this guy is the goods himself and really good in coverage. 

My main problem with Hooker for us is that i don't think he is a centerfielder like you want in the cover 3 type of scheme we ran the past few years. I really like the guy and think he is worth the pick without a doubt but i like him more in a Fangio-type scheme than in the one we run. In our scheme he feels more like a SS for me and with Tartt and Harris i feel much more comfortable there compared to FS.

2 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

My main problem with Hooker for us is that i don't think he is a centerfielder like you want in the cover 3 type of scheme we ran the past few years. I really like the guy and think he is worth the pick without a doubt but i like him more in a Fangio-type scheme than in the one we run. In our scheme he feels more like a SS for me and with Tartt and Harris i feel much more comfortable there compared to FS.

He's not a pure center fielder but his instincts and sound skill set would be still a very nice addition to our back end. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

He's not a pure center fielder but his instincts and sound skill set would be still a very nice addition to our back end. 

Yeah i agree with that which is why i like him more in a cover 2 type scheme but who knows what we will run this year with the addition of Joe Woods and Kris Kocurek. In terms of Instincts and football IQ no doubt Hooker is a great addition to any team. I would rate him about the same i did Justin Reid last year and he went in the 3rd but to me had a late 1st value.

Archived