2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001012558/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-50-prospects-for-2019-nfl-draft-10?networkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%3dstory&zoneKeys=s1%3dstory&env=&pageKeyValues=prtnr%3dpath-to-the-draft%3bplyr%3ddesean_jackson%3bplyr%3dfletcher_cox%3bplyr%3daaron_donald&p.ct=Path to the Draft&p.adsm=false&p.tcm=%23000&p.bgc1m=%23EAEAEA&sr=amp&__twitter_impression=true

DJ's top 50 pre-combine prospects.  

Looks like he's as big of a Hollywood Brown fan as me. 

It kind of feels a bit dirty for us to not come away with one of the top interior DL in this class is it is ridiculously stacked. And we may, but you know the fan base is going to go ceazy if Willaims is the pick lol. Simmons who has that one off the field incident is a flat out monster. Interested in seeing where he gets drafted. 

Adderley being in the top 30 kind of hurts as he is my pick in the 2nd if we miss out on Thomas. 

Byron Murphy rated 33rd huh? Greedy Williams rated 34th? If we go corner in round two, maybe they are options along with Baker. 

12 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Thoughts on Oshane Ximines?

Very stiff and not very athletic. Has some nice technique when rushing the passer, but level of competition would be a concern given that he doesn't have premium athletic traits. If you're not a great athlete, I want to see you do it against the big boys, and playing at ODU, he didn't really have that (it's one of the reasons I liked Yannick coming out even though he wasn't going to be super athletic). He's got a little violence to his game, hand usage can hit hard, but that may struggle to translate against bigger, stronger players in the NFL, especially if he's not as long as some of these other guys. I think that if he succeeds at the next level, it'll largely be due to him outworking people. I have seen some people say he's a second round pick in the draft forum, but I Think that's too early. Day three seems more likely in my opinion. He's a guy that you can take a flier on later, try to figure out what to do with him and then maybe develop something. 

10 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

He might be a good consolation prize if we trade down...but even then I might prefer Burns over Sweat.

Burns is a great pass rusher. He needs to put on a lot of weight to be a 4-3 DE, which worries me. Particularly if he really is in the low 230's. 

4 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Guess I need to, but man, it's hard to believe he is actually that heavy. Always looked so rail thin and... lane washable... (yeah, wasn't going to go with gap). 

Love the measurements. Didn't stand out to me as much while watching live games as much as a top 50 guy should... but I won't at all condemn his pro chances. 

10 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Guess I need to, but man, it's hard to believe he is actually that heavy. Always looked so rail thin and... lane washable... (yeah, wasn't going to go with gap). 

Love the measurements. Didn't stand out to me as much while watching live games as much as a top 50 guy should... but I won't at all condemn his pro chances. 

I always thought he was heavier than most of the edge guys like Burns and polite because he's just so freakishly long lol. This is in line where I thought he would be. He is amazingly lean though. Not a lot of fat there

6 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001012558/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-50-prospects-for-2019-nfl-draft-10?networkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%3dstory&zoneKeys=s1%3dstory&env=&pageKeyValues=prtnr%3dpath-to-the-draft%3bplyr%3ddesean_jackson%3bplyr%3dfletcher_cox%3bplyr%3daaron_donald&p.ct=Path to the Draft&p.adsm=false&p.tcm=%23000&p.bgc1m=%23EAEAEA&sr=amp&__twitter_impression=true

DJ's top 50 pre-combine prospects.  

Looks like he's as big of a Hollywood Brown fan as me. 

It kind of feels a bit dirty for us to not come away with one of the top interior DL in this class is it is ridiculously stacked. And we may, but you know the fan base is going to go ceazy if Willaims is the pick lol. Simmons who has that one off the field incident is a flat out monster. Interested in seeing where he gets drafted. 

Adderley being in the top 30 kind of hurts as he is my pick in the 2nd if we miss out on Thomas. 

Byron Murphy rated 33rd huh? Greedy Williams rated 34th? If we go corner in round two, maybe they are options along with Baker. 

Greedy wasn't very good to end the season, once the combine rolls around and his measurables come in he'll be a top 15 guy again most likely. No way Baker makes the 2nd round.

11 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

That's just mean haha. 

Most know that I like Sweat as a player, as I have posted in this thread, but he's simply not a candidate for us unless we pass on EDGE at #2 and are able to trade up from the second round to secure him at the bottom of the first. I like him as a fit more so than some of the more talented edge rushers such as Burns / Polite (both of whom are athletically superior pass rushers, just don't love the fit), but he's not top 3 good, unfortunately. Checks a lot of boxes, but also lacks an elite gear in my opinion. 

Archived