2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

So you're saying there is a chance we can get Polite in the 2nd round??? 

Sweat can go before him, but he's not the better player. 

I am sold on Burns. This is why I'm fine with dropping back down to #6 and grab Burns if Bosa/Allen are both gone. Heck, Burns vs Allen is a legitimate debate. 

Williams with those times is pretty nuts. Add in his young age and you got crazy potential there. 

4 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Occasionally it would flash but never like that on a consistent basis, atleast not when I watched. But no edge rusher has had a better pre draft process.

For sure. It's just weird because you'd think you would see more domination at points from Sweat, but if you go back and watch his play, you can see that he makes a lot of try hard and clean up plays and there's very few acts of domination against an offensive line. With his length, and that speed, it should be showing more consistently. 

The nice thing about Sweat is that honestly, he checks all the boxes. Good motor, hard worker on the field. Keeps going. He's got the length. The weakness was supposed to be the athletic profile. Could just be a very linear athlete. He's a little older than I like, and obviously had a minor off field issue, but I think he's a very solid prospect overall. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

So you're saying there is a chance we can get Polite in the 2nd round??? 

Sweat can go before him, but he's not the better player. 

I am sold on Burns. This is why I'm fine with dropping back down to #6 and grab Burns if Bosa/Allen are both gone. Heck, Burns vs Allen is a legitimate debate. 

Williams with those times is pretty nuts. Add in his young age and you got crazy potential there. 

Think that's debatable. Polite was more explosive this year for sure, and you can say that maybe he's a better pass rusher (though obviously Sweat himself did fine in this regard), but Sweat also wasn't really a one year wonder. I think that's important. Sweat also holds up much better against the run. 

Just now, oldman9er said:

wow.. Polite is a wrap for the day. Yeah... he's going the wrong way. 

Yep. I'm not saying that this is what happened, but it almost feels like he's pulling a, "I'm taking my ball and going home" type thing here. After the interviews and stuff, it almost feels like that is something he would do. I don't know, I'm cold on him now. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Think that's debatable. Polite was more explosive this year for sure, and you can say that maybe he's a better pass rusher (though obviously Sweat himself did fine in this regard), but Sweat also wasn't really a one year wonder. I think that's important. Sweat also holds up much better against the run. 

Sweat isn't on his level rushing the passer. Those times are fine and dandy, but haven't seen anything special with Sweat rushing the passer. Maybe I haven't seen his best tape. What games should I be watching? 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yep. I'm not saying that this is what happened, but it almost feels like he's pulling a, "I'm taking my ball and going home" type thing here. After the interviews and stuff, it almost feels like that is something he would do. I don't know, I'm cold on him now. 

same boat, i think. 

Explosion shows up on tape, no doubt. I'm more concerned with that interviewing dysfunction, and the numbers aren't winning me over.

I already had him as an outside the top 10 prospect, so it likely wont matter anyway. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Sweat isn't on his level rushing the passer. Those times are fine and dandy, but haven't seen anything special with Sweat rushing the passer. Maybe I haven't seen his best tape. What games should I be watching? 

No, you're absolutely right. I've made the same comments in the past couple of pages. Something on his tape isn't matching those splits and times. But He could be very linear. I've never watched him and really thought he was a dominant force...or at least not consistently enough (though obviously he crushed the senior bowl practices and showed dominating flashes). Really curious about his shuttle and 3 cone. If those are really good, then something is up. If they are mediocre, than this makes more sense. 

1 minute ago, oldman9er said:

Anthony Nelson's movements should not look so controlled and concise. What a freak. 

Winovich and Sweat looked really good in COD there.

Bosa looked solid again...Burns looks to be fitted for OLB position. Very fluid.

Archived