2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So when they get attacked,

See, this is the response Polite gets.. and he shouldn't. He is taking questions or criticisms as "attacks".. instead of expected psychological poking from a potential employer. What he should do.. what he should know to do.. is smile.. think about his response.. and respond with patience and maturity. He can curse these people in his mind all he wants.. but he's being foolish to show or reveal ruffled feathers over it. 

This shows a lack of preparation and maturity, as any prospect (if they want to reap max benefit) has to expect and deal with this process the right way. Seems you both are mistakenly classifying "the process" as "attacks". 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/03/jachai-polite-combine-40-time-interviews

Apparently, Polite admitted in interviews that he doesn't watch tape on himself.....this dude's combine may be worse than Fosters LOL

This may show even more lack of preparation. Every player should watch themselves and others on tape. It's a great learning tool to improving their game.

Polite may end up being great, but he is coming off as a bit of a child. Too many other good edge options for SF, so unless he falls to 36 and we still badly need, no thanks. Heck, he would probably just refuse to sign a contract from SF anyway, since he's been so cruelly abused by them. 

200w.webp?cid=3640f6095c7c60453157326355

Blake Cashman killed it today, great numbers across the board and didn’t look lost or out of place in the drills. I think I found my mid round LB draft crush and the guy I’d like to see us take on day 3. Connelly showed well too as well as Okereke, Dodson, Allen, Burt-Kirven, Pratt, Johnson and Takitaki. There should be some decent talent available to us in those middle to late rounds at LB. A couple of guys I need to look into more now though are Cody Barton and Ty Summers as their testing is impressive.

31 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

See, this is the response Polite gets.. and he shouldn't. He is taking questions or criticisms as "attacks".. instead of expected psychological poking from a potential employer. What he should do.. what he should know to do.. is smile.. think about his response.. and respond with patience and maturity. He can curse these people in his mind all he wants.. but he's being foolish to show or reveal ruffled feathers over it. 

This shows a lack of preparation and maturity, as any prospect (if they want to reap max benefit) has to expect and deal with this process the right way. Seems you both are mistakenly classifying "the process" as "attacks". 

This may show even more lack of preparation. Every player should watch themselves and others on tape. It's a great learning tool to improving their game.

Polite may end up being great, but he is coming off as a bit of a child. Too many other good edge options for SF, so unless he falls to 36 and we still badly need, no thanks. Heck, he would probably just refuse to sign a contract from SF anyway, since he's been so cruelly abused by them. 

200w.webp?cid=3640f6095c7c60453157326355

I've already acknowledged in Polite's case it simply may be he is not able to take any criticism and is uncoachable. There have been some red flags there so I'll give you that.

But I'm talking in a general sense. You said the prospects should look at it as criticism and not being attacked per se. Sure, in an ideal world that's what should happen. But a lot of these guys come in not being comfortable in an interview setting. They don't feel like they can articulate well enough and already have their guard up. Some just aren't good communicators. So when a team starts blasting them for why they did this or that, they automatically shut off. They react the only way they know how to. I wouldn't say if they can't take any criticism than they probably have questionable character as it is. It goes deeper than that. But whatever, no need to go any further on this. It is clear Polite's had an disastrous week and may now slip to day 2.

Report on three games watch of Ty Summers and Cody Barton. Ty Summers > Cody Barton. Summers has played ILB and DE and is effective at both. I think his fit at off ball LB is best at the next level but the kid will be a good blitzer and he has much better instincts compared to Barton. I wasn’t trying to do a comparison, just happened that way while looking into more of each of their film. Summers is very impressive, thumper with instincts and athleticism who’s capable of blitzing and probably playing in a simple zone coverage scheme. I like him.

This years top end DL guys are ridiculous, I mean they always have been but with how these guys just tested only adds more emphasis.

Bosa, Allen, Sweat, Burns, Gary, Ferrell could all go in the top half of the 1st round and that’s not even mentioning the IDL like Williams, Oliver, Wilkins, Lawrence and what would have Simmons also worth (or atleast a case can be made) a top half selection in the 1st. Insane, we are talking about 11 of the first 16 picks made in this draft could have been DL and no one would have really raised an eye brow all that high.

I'm reading that Hanks had a 35.5" vertical jump result and a 118 bj... good numbers.

Were these done after or before that 40 yd dash fail? Did he do any of the other on field drills? Did he die? 

What happened to my baby boy?!? 

200.webp?cid=3640f6095c7c878e58616949491

Archived