2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

18 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

#2 pick for Ramsey, who says no? 

Btw, to me Ramsey's impact>Bosa's impact for me. 

I'm guessing I'm in the minority here? Lol. 

I would agree just because we already have Ford, so at least we have a pass rush, but then it looks silly that we wouldn't give up the 2nd for OBJ...lol

2 minutes ago, StevenK said:

I would agree just because we already have Ford, so at least we have a pass rush, but then it looks silly that we wouldn't give up the 2nd for OBJ...lol

Elite CB value>Elite WR value though no? But honestly, thinking back on it, I'd probably have pulled the trigger on #2 for OBJ. But at that point we didn't have Ford so I thought it was a crazy demand SMH. Why couldn't Lynch/Shanny do the Ford trade first and then say we will give up #2 for OBJ now??

15 hours ago, mw2noobbuster said:

This is a solid video and makes me want Bosa even more.

Pretty much what I expected from Brett's report. The same knocks he brought up with Joey in his Joey video a while back. It's why I want Nick Bosa a little bit less. The take away I got is he'll destroy average and below average tackles, but struggle against better ones much less elite. And when we talk playoffs, more often than not those teams will likely have decent OTs. So during the regular seasons his stats might look great, but how much will be skewed by going up against lower level teams with lower level linemen??

Sure you can say that about every player, I'm a bit more worried w/Bosa it'll be more to an extreme though. 

12 minutes ago, the-catch said:

Pretty much what I expected from Brett's report. The same knocks he brought up with Joey in his Joey video a while back. It's why I want Nick Bosa a little bit less. The take away I got is he'll destroy average and below average tackles, but struggle against better ones much less elite. And when we talk playoffs, more often than not those teams will likely have decent OTs. So during the regular seasons his stats might look great, but how much will be skewed by going up against lower level teams with lower level linemen??

Sure you can say that about every player, I'm a bit more worried w/Bosa it'll be more to an extreme though. 

Let's just the trade the pick for Ramsey then. 

31 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Elite CB value>Elite WR value though no? But honestly, thinking back on it, I'd probably have pulled the trigger on #2 for OBJ. But at that point we didn't have Ford so I thought it was a crazy demand SMH. Why couldn't Lynch/Shanny do the Ford trade first and then say we will give up #2 for OBJ now??

#2 for Odell would have been a bad trade imo. 

You don't give up the chance to draft elite talent AND have them on a rookie deal. That's how championship teams get built. 

Would I have been mad we made the trade? No. I would have been excited, obviously. Odell is one of the best athletes in the world and could play any sport he wanted to 

4 minutes ago, the-catch said:

Sure you can say that about every player, I'm a bit more worried w/Bosa it'll be more to an extreme though

I share the same concerns plus I am always concerned of taking a rotational player so high. 

This is why I prefer Josh Allen. He has the higher ceiling and is more versatile. I love his speed to power moves and his bend for someone so long. 

As that video said, bosa has a very high floor and is a day one starter so I'll be happy either way.

3 minutes ago, N4L said:

#2 for Odell would have been a bad trade imo. 

You don't give up the chance to draft elite talent AND have them on a rookie deal. That's how championship teams get built. 

Would I have been mad we made the trade? No. I would have been excited, obviously. Odell is one of the best athletes in the world and could play any sport he wanted to 

I share the same concerns plus I am always concerned of taking a rotational player so high. 

This is why I prefer Josh Allen. He has the higher ceiling and is more versatile. I love his speed to power moves and his bend for someone so long. 

As that video said, bosa has a very high floor and is a day one starter so I'll be happy either way.

I'd buy into that more if we had more talent and more top level contracts, but we don't. So in that case give me the proven elite player at a position of need even with his big contract over a prospect at #2 who will be really good, but may not prove to be elite. Money should be the least of our concerns right now when thinking of adding an elite player to this trade.

If we didn't get Dee Ford? Then I'd say it wouldn't make too much sense to trade the 2nd pick for OBJ, but now? Sure, I'd think long and hard about it and probably pull the trigger. This isn't to say we don't need another edge rusher, because we do. But then we could have traded up to grab one late in the 1st or stood pat and got one there. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'd buy into that more if we had more talent and more top level contracts, but we don't. So in that case give me the proven elite player at a position of need even with his big contract over a prospect at #2 who will be really good, but may not prove to be elite. Money should be the least of our concerns right now when thinking of adding an elite player to this trade.

Fair enough

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

didn't get Dee Ford? Then I'd say it wouldn't make too much sense to trade the 2nd pick for OBJ, but now? Sure, I'd think long and hard about it and probably pull the trigger. This isn't to say we don't need another edge rusher, because we do. But then we could have traded up to grab one late in the 1st or stood pat and got one there. 

Only problem with this is that we traded for Ford like 20 minutes after Odell was dealt lol 

We need defensive help more than anything else imo 

Just now, N4L said:

Fair enough

Only problem with this is that we traded for Ford like 20 minutes after Odell was dealt lol 

We need defensive help more than anything else imo 

But that's why I'm saying if we had traded for him beforehand, which I see no reason why we couldn't. Only thought is that 2nd round pick was being dangled in a potential OBJ trade. Of course if NYG accepts #2 straight up, then that 2020 2nd rounder no longer comes in play.

Could have had OBJ for a 2019 1st and Dee Ford for a 2020 2nd rounder. Damn shame man, DAMN shame!!!!

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

There's been a lot of talk and rumors that the Giants have no interest in Haskins, especially at 6. 

If they did have interest in him, it wouldn't be good for anyone to know about it. It would be more helpful if everyone thought they didn't.

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, because you can't spell Elite without "Eli" and he's staying until at least 2025!!!!

Maybe they're is some truth to their love of Daniel Jones and they feel they can get him in the second or#17

Just now, Forge said:

Maybe they're is some truth to their love of Daniel Jones and they feel they can get him in the second or#17

L-O-L if that is the case. Wonder who they would have taken at #2 if we traded them that pick. Bosa? 

37 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

L-O-L if that is the case. Wonder who they would have taken at #2 if we traded them that pick. Bosa? 

I think so. They need pass rushers bad. I think that is what they are going to do at six

Even with Ford, I still think we benefit more in we draft Bosa (or some other Pass Rusher in the event of a trade down). We need pressure on both sides, not just one. Yes, Bosa may struggle against top OTs, but if there is still pressure from all sides, the Defense can still win vs that OL. 

Archived