2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

5 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I don't know if I'm just really pumped for Game of Thrones to start up this weekend or what, but when reading this comment, I read it in Cercei Lannister's voice in my head and it made the comment even better.

Hey, you STOP THAT. This is serious draft business.

.. and you will be held accountable for when you guess wrong!!!!! 

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cb0b79c3356344651

1 minute ago, 757-NINER said:

Completely off topic but I don't understand the fascination with Game of Thrones. I tried to watch it years ago I just couldn't get into it...

The show is great and the books are even better. The depth of the writing and the stunning visual effects make the show one of the best out there, in my opinion. Plus, Peter Dinkladge is the man. 

3 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

The show is great and the books are even better. The depth of the writing and the stunning visual effects make the show one of the best out there, in my opinion. Plus, Peter Dinkladge is the man. 

200w.webp?cid=790b76115cb0b9de306d556977

https://www.draftace.com/2019/04/10/who-are-the-most-nfl-ready-wide-receivers/

Interesting article on the recievers in the draft. Was stoked to see a guy I'm higher on than most, Jalen Hurd, show up so positively -- especially given the notions around Baylor's offense and his transition from RB to WR. 

I know he had a slow 40 but I think I read scouts weren't as worried about it because he's still rehabbing and his tape is faster. I think he'd be nasty in the red zone, deep and on screens/ fly sweeps and could even do goal line work. 

If we go 1) bosa 2) saftey/ guard/TE 3 safety/ guard/ TE and then Hurd in the 4th, i'd be stoked. 

Thanks for posting oldman! I've lurked here for 10 years but rarely post, forgot how to quote. 

9 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Completely off topic but I don't understand the fascination with Game of Thrones. I tried to watch it years ago I just couldn't get into it...

Are you really a Seahawks fan?

21 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I now have D.K. going to Baltimore and M.Brown going to the Raiders. I go back and forth with the Chargers and Patriots taking receivers in round 1. 

It was tempting to put Brown to the Raiders in round 2 my first go around with the draft, but I think Baltimore realllly values speed and separation and I think Butler though great, is going to take a little longer to develop and Baltimore needs a difference maker wide ASAP. Brown is probably the best guy right out of the gate. 

1 minute ago, John232 said:

It was tempting to put Brown to the Raiders in round 2 my first go around with the draft, but I think Baltimore realllly values speed and separation and I think Butler though great, is going to take a little longer to develop and Baltimore needs a difference maker wide ASAP. Brown is probably the best guy right out of the gate. 

I think the Ravens NEED a big target with a huge wingspan. I know the common opinion with the Ravens is that they need someone who can stretch the field and exploit Jackson's big arm, but you're not going deep every play and he's widely inaccurate as he's not really a great thrower. He needs guys with a large target to make up for his poor accuracy. Drafting a small WR may help in one aspect of their offense, but will be severally lacking in many others.

I think it's D.K. or Harry with a slight outside chance that they reach for Butler.

Just now, NinerNation21 said:

I think the Ravens NEED a big target with a huge wingspan. I know the common opinion with the Ravens is that they need someone who can stretch the field and exploit Jackson's big arm, but you're not going deep every play and he's widely inaccurate as he's not really a great thrower. He needs guys with a large target to make up for his poor accuracy. Drafting a small WR may help in one aspect of their offense, but will be severally lacking in many others.

I think it's D.K. or Harry with a slight outside chance that they reach for Butler.

I do agree, if DK was there, he's the pick. I just don't see how Washington can pass him given how abysmal their receivers are. Doctson and Richardson as your two guys..OOF. I agree that they do need a bigger receiver, which is why I have them grabbing Ridley top of the 4th. 

1 minute ago, NinerNation21 said:

Makes a ton of sense, really. 

1 minute ago, John232 said:

I do agree, if DK was there, he's the pick. I just don't see how Washington can pass him given how abysmal their receivers are. Doctson and Richardson as your two guys..OOF. I agree that they do need a bigger receiver, which is why I have them grabbing Ridley top of the 4th. 

That's because the Redskins are taking Daniel Jones :D

Just now, NinerNation21 said:

That's because the Redskins are taking Daniel Jones :D

Oh boy...I don't have that because I have them trading their second for Rosen.

Arizona's draft in my mock is amazing. Easily best draft of any team. 

Archived