All or Nothing - Dallas Cowboys

Texas_OutLaw7

Just binge-watched it (and finished it) yesterday because I was desperate for more football.  Easy to see why Dez was let go, though it's also easy to see that the offense will wish they had him at some point next season.  And easy to tell Witten was already leaning towards retirement after Week 17 after watching the last episode.

Even though it's the Cowboys, I'd say it was better than any Hard Knocks except for the most recent Jets one.  Not as good as the Cardinals All Or Nothing though.

Thoughts on Episode 1:

1. Starts off with the Jerry H.O.F. party. Neat to see. 
  2. Seeing the love Dez has with Jerry makes me real sad. 
  3. Our draft board is on display around 5 minutes in. Would be REAL interesting if someone could make out some names. @BobbyBelt / @BobbyBeltTX any magic in you?
  4. Never mind, point three was wrong. But interesting to see the Lynch / Dak conversation. 
  5. New Triplets tagline makes me sad.
  6. ...the fact that Redball keeps beating Dak at passing is...not good.
  7. ****. They talked about last year being the best Chance for Witten a ring. Screw this show. So depressing.
  8. YESSSSS! Showing the run without a helmet! The Senator will wear a gold jacket in 5 years. And Romo will introduce him.
  9. Oh god. With Witten retiring, we need a new Offensive Captain. Scan gone will need to be replaced as well. 
  10. Dooley "the problem is there is no one better than him [Zeke] we can't displace him." Such insight during the Zeke Drama. 
  11. Hopefully DLaw started off the season so strong. What a great season for him. 
  12. Bobby is right about this:
  13. Those Boxing Gloves given to the best fighter is amazing. This year we should do Boxing Gloves and Jock Straps. 
  14. Woof. Dez and Dooley do not get along. Dez doesn't like complementing the opponent. And wants Dooley to give more praises to the squad. 
  15. I get why people suggest that Rich Bisaccia is HC material. 
  16. Reliving the Broncos game is not fun.
    1. "Let's talk about our offense. The whole thing was soft." 
    2. "Soft as hell.

Anyways, that is the end of episode 1. Will post more as I watch. Biggest take away is seeing how Dak still struggles with accuracy. Seeing some of the coaching interactions is neat. Dez and Dooley don't work. Very clear early on. 

Thoughts on episode 2:

1. Good grief. The episode starts with all the commentary about the collapse in Denver. 
  2. Two immediate thoughts. I am digging Gary Brown, our RB coach, and it is clear just how much Jerry cares. If he wasn't so involved as GM...man the love he would get.
  3. Pretty obvious how much the court situation drained Zeke.
  4. Scotty L is mad awkward. 
  5. Oh god. The Flag comments.
  6. "thatababy" is a weird term. I can't get used to it.
  7. Dlaw's family seems really awesome. First time seeing them.
  8. Goodness Zeke is a funk.
  9. Following up from episode one - I get why Rich Bisaccia is HC material. 
  10. LOL. Cole wants none of Butler or Switz nonsense. 
  11. Switz Beating Scan is interesting.
  12. I enjoy where they watch film. It has a movie auditorium feeling. 
  13. LOL. Rod and his animal videos.
  14. Episode ends with the loss to the Rams. Was the Fumble by Switz THE reason we lost?

Gary Brown is stealing the show is the only thing I really want to highlight. And it is clear how distracted Zeke is.

Thoughts on Episode 3:

1. LOL. Rod and his pictures / videos. 
  2. Keep Arod in the well!
  3. I...I have no idea what Byron Bell is doing. Is this supposed to be a popular dance?
  4. "They can't guard him." About Dez. :(
  5. David Irving is so good.
  6. Witten hates the Packers. LMAO
  7. Butler is mad disrespectful.
  8. Dak hanging with Jerry's Grandson is pretty cool.
  9. Is it too early to say he has better accuracy than Dak?
  10. Seeing the OL go out together is pretty awesome.
  11. Jumbo Joe is fantastic. Hilarious.
  12. Ahaha. The Tanks Shirts.
  13. Getting Lee back...so important.
  14. LMAO. I still love the Dak Beas Dog convo
  15. JEFF HEATH GOAT!!! KICKER!!!
  16. Dez ties the TD Record.
  17. I swear Byron Bell's dancing is something else...

I'm 5 episodes into this thing now, here are some thoughts:

1) As someone who consumes nearly 100% of all legitimate Cowboys reporting and media (and I'm sure I'm not alone on this board), this has been a really great watch. I was a little bit worried that it might be watered down for the least-common-denominator fans, and while there is some of that, there is also a lot of insight and visibility into things we'd never get to see. I highly recommend this for people to watch. 

2) It's hard not to love Dak. The guy is a leader. I know he isn't perfect yet, but I really hope he can take the next step in his career this year.

3) The Atlanta game, my god. I forgot how egregious the lack of adjustments were. They knew Chaz was going to be the starter all week, he was getting absolutely smoked, and they gave him no help. If you want to make a list of indictments on this staff on offense, that game has to be #1.

4) Losing Tyron and Lee was brutal. We went from completely dominating KC, to getting our doors blown off by Atlanta. Those two guys turned our team from a really good one to a really bad one. Has to make you feel better about this season. If healthy, we are really good. Even if we aren't healthy, we seem to have the depth to withstand it. 

5) Jason Witten is a huge loss for the locker room. 

Archived