The 53: Player, Roster, & Acquisitions Talk

Mind Character

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

so we can have someone to back up the RT. 

That’s a waste of a roster spot. You want a guy who can either play RT and Guard or be a swing tackle who can play both left and right 

you can only carry 3 back ups really you need guys who can play multiple spots. If your going to keep a player to play just one position it better be strictly LT or Center. Not freaking RT

56 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Asked and answered.

Im sure the guy they kept is better though, the GM/organization is always right in your world buno.

No coleman was and has always been garbage. Only played here cause Sashi was a garbage GM

sorry I’m optimistic. Better than being a grumpass like you

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

No coleman was and has always been garbage. Only played here cause Sashi was a garbage GM

sorry I’m optimistic. Better than being a grumpass like you

You keep calling yourself optimistic, which is great, but there’s a difference between an optimist and rube. 

You’re the latter.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You keep calling yourself optimistic, which is great, but there’s a difference between an optimist and rube. 

You’re the latter.

Ah yea cause I try to view the positive in a a move made or whatever . Or when something negative should be said, I don’t say anything because you or other posters already made that. 

Do I think it’s dumb they currently don’t have a back up Center on the active roster but that has been stated, so why say it again. Thanks again grumpass!

42 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

In his defense, we're talking about cutting backups from an 0-16 team.  Seems like a pretty sound strategy to me.

Actually we’re talking about cutting a starter from that 0-16 team.  

Dunno about you, but I didn’t see 4 guys who were better added to the OL.

37 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Nope. We definitely lacked talent.  Hue probably cost us a game or three, but we definitely lacked talent.  It's not a myth.

Oh for sure.  QB, WR, DB, you bet.

But our OL wasn’t losing us games last year, at least from what I saw. Not once last season did I look at the TV and think “damn, Shon Coleman is losing this game for us”, which is better than a lot of the RT who’ve started here (looking at you John St. Clair).

He looked mediocre at RT, which isn’t an awful thing for a backup T in today’s NFL where every team needs OL.

Just now, buno67 said:

Ah yea cause I try to view the positive in a a move made or whatever . Or when something negative should be said, I don’t say anything because you or other posters already made that. 

Do I think it’s dumb they currently don’t have a back up Center on the active roster but that has been stated, so why say it again. Thanks again grumpass!

giphy.gif

40 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Man, not a big fan of Zettel, also why would the worst Defensive Line in the NFL let him go. His only redeeming quality in my eyes is his effort.

Id sooner Nassib over him, Zettel 3 cone is 7.63, similair to Danny Sheltons. 

26 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Id sooner Nassib over him, Zettel 3 cone is 7.63, similair to Danny Sheltons. 

Yeah the 3 come drill number is weird. Similar in that but Zettel smokes him in the 40, short shuttle, and Broad jump

I don't really get the Chad Thomas hate. Trust me, I wasn't a fan of the pick at the time, nor do I expect him to totally prove me wrong and become some great player for us. However, I don't think he looked bad in the preseason, but instead looked fairly average. I'm willing to give him more time before I declare him a bust, though, and I hope he proves me wrong.

I still hate the way Hue has jerked the OL around this year. Bitonio should've had one spot to practice. Same for Corbett. The WAY the decision came about I don't know if I could hate more.

But the more I read about Harrison, the more I think there's a legit shot that he looks good enough (read: decent) to put LT way lower on our needs list in the offseason than expected. He's a risk, especially because of off the field stuff. But the movement skills are special for a guy his size. And the weight issues really seem to break down to the fact that the kid is dirt poor and was working his butt off to recover from an injury and be ready to go for the senior bowl, so he wasn't eating enough to keep up with his work. Being up to 297 now is a huge improvement, and he probably ends up playing at 300-315 long term.

We'll see. I'm optimistic about his future if he can stay out of trouble. Still not sure I like rolling him out this soon though, not when Bitonio looked fine at OT and Corbett was steadily improving at G.

Archived