BDL Discussion Thread *OWNERS MEETING STARTS 1/31/18*

Jlash

18 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Only the single greatest GM league in the universe my friend.

That'd be the Nacho Simulation Football League, my friend.

Still, being the second best isn't all that bad. I see there are apparently 2 available teams. Sell me on joining.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

What's this BDL stuff I see clogging up this part of the forum all the time?

Clogging up? We have like 95% of the topics here. We ARE the Fantasy/Sim/GM forum. You're welcome that we let you park in our garage. 

3 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

That'd be the Nacho Simulation Football League, my friend.

Still, being the second best isn't all that bad. I see there are apparently 2 available teams. Sell me on joining.

You like total control of a team?
You like drafting?
You like going head to head against another league member and crushing them with a custom game plan each week?
You like trash talking for no reason?

This is for you. It's definitely a high level of commitment, but it's a lot of fun.

5 minutes ago, Jlash said:

You like total control of a team?
You like drafting?
You like going head to head against another league member and crushing them with a custom game plan each week?
You like trash talking for no reason?

This is for you. It's definitely a high level of commitment, but it's a lot of fun.

Alrighty. Which teams are available / where are the rosters? Do I randomly get one or since I'm a highly sought after GM do I get recruited by one of them?

5 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

It's pretty awesome having actual games. But not being able to gameplan is a drawback.

Yeah the gameplan aspect makes BDL absolutely irreplaceable and unique. But the voting aspect is less than ideal because we get a lot of "lol QB" votes or we get super teams like Louisiana

9 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Alrighty. Which teams are available / where are the rosters? Do I randomly get one or since I'm a highly sought after GM do I get recruited by one of them?

There should be a link to the roster spreadsheet in the OP. Compton and London are available and as far as I'm concerned you could have your pick. 

If you want a rundown on both:

Compton is a very strong team outside of QB, but getting hit by injuries pretty much derailed their season. At full strength and with a good QB they're one of the contenders for the title. They've also got a number of draft picks, so if you're into the draft you'll have fun running them come the offseason. 

London on the other hand has a few good young pieces (Mariota, Garrett, Mack, Tre'Davious White) but aren't exactly ready to compete. However, this season they'll have a ton of cap space so you'll be able to go crazy in free agency and sign some really good players to build that roster up.