BDL Discussion Thread *OWNERS MEETING STARTS 1/31/18*

Jlash

14 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

Here's the problem with that logic. By you voting because you "want counselor to make the playoffs" is literally denying Rags a chance to make the playoffs without giving a fair shot to both match-ups.

I also had to beat Gotham for either of them to have a chance...So...Kind of didn't matter in the end.

But I will admit that's bad logic and I should've treated the game more fairly. 

edit: So whose playing who playoff wise? 

Edited by DingoLadd
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SirA1 said:

I put the votes for this week in the spreadsheet. Including the ones for London after the poll ended early. Not sure how to sort the standings though.

I'll be out of town for the next few days but should be back on Saturday to work on the gameplan for the playoffs. Still Cuba or did Rome eek out the Division?

Will take care of the standings tonight

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taylor091 said:

Hello, just came to pop my head in and see how this was getting on :)  do you guys still have a standings table ? struggling to  locate it but then I can be a plonker at times.

Plonker! Haha

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

Who won 

MVP

Best Trade

Worst Trade

Best Waiver Pick Up

Worst Luck (not Andrew)

Someone had started a "Worst offseason moves" thing, @DingoLadd maybe but he never finished. He was going to give me #1 worst move for signing Josh Gordon.

I'd have to go back and look through everything but this is a good idea.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Counselor said:

Who won 

MVP

Best Trade

Worst Trade

Best Waiver Pick Up

Worst Luck (not Andrew)

I know who did worst trade...for the 2nd year in a row no less. John Ross...Oh I'm never going to live that down.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jlash said:

Someone had started a "Worst offseason moves" thing, @DingoLadd maybe but he never finished. He was going to give me #1 worst move for signing Josh Gordon.

I'd have to go back and look through everything but this is a good idea.

Never finished it, I'll go over it again during this off-season when I get bored and now we have a full year to judge the results. 

I still stand by that Josh Gordon signing being absolutely horrible, you're just lucky he got re-instated. 

I'd put my trading a 1st+3rd and Jared Goff for Phillip rivers up there as the worst trade of the offseason... Rivers played well for most of the year but i definitely lost that trade. Also have a shot for worst draft pick with McDowell... think I traded Todd Gurley for that pick too...Oof. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Counselor said:

Who won 

MVP

Best Trade

Worst Trade

Best Waiver Pick Up

Worst Luck (not Andrew)

Tom Brady

Either Rome trading for Drew Brees or Orlando trading for Mike Evans

So many bad trades but I think Dingo trading away Goff was worse than Xmad trading up for Ross

Trevor Williams

Berlin

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Ha I remember the first week I legitimately tried to diagram how my defense was going to align. Good times.

I did that week 1 last season because my alignment was unusual. It worked. Visuals help people sometimes.

Edited by Jlash
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

Never finished it, I'll go over it again during this off-season when I get bored and now we have a full year to judge the results. 

I still stand by that Josh Gordon signing being absolutely horrible, you're just lucky he got re-instated. 

I'd put my trading a 1st+3rd and Jared Goff for Phillip rivers up there as the worst trade of the offseason... Rivers played well for most of the year but i definitely lost that trade. Also have a shot for worst draft pick with McDowell... think I traded Todd Gurley for that pick too...Oof. 

Honestly it would have been more even if Goff had just continued to flame out, but it became lopsided when he became a solid NFL QB this season.