BDL Discussion Thread *OWNERS MEETING STARTS 1/31/18*

Jlash

2 hours ago, Counselor said:

Can we trade and three up yet?

Once the 2018 stuff is ready we'll start a new Transactions thread.

I'd like to find a new owner for Compton before trading gets too out of hand so they don't get left behind though. ANy bites from those interested?

Edited by SirA1

7 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Once the 2018 stuff is ready we'll start a new Transactions thread.

I'd like to find a new owner for Compton before trading gets too out of hand so they don't get left behind though. ANy bites from those interested?

I have no idea. 

• Like 1

Alright fellas, here's our 2018 Rosters spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GlYgctgEUSbuIx2QLm4C7cxkrbK7DxEEGoSTRH6agfA/edit?usp=sharing

If every owner could give us his RFAs (entering their 4th year in the NFL) and ERFAs (entering their 2nd or 3rd year in the NFL) that would be a lot of help

Of course, if you see anything wrong, let me know

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Cuba RFA

Josh Shaw, Tre Boston, Kyle Van Noy, Dee Ford, Rob Havenstien, Kelvin Benjamin 

Boston, Van Noy, Ford and Benjamin are UFA, they were drafted in 2014.

Drafted in 2014 & before -> UFAs

Drafted in 2015 -> RFA

Drafted in 2016 or 2017 -> ERFA

8 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Boston, Van Noy, Ford and Benjamin are UFA, they were drafted in 2014.

Drafted in 2014 & before -> UFAs

Drafted in 2015 -> RFA

Drafted in 2016 or 2017 -> ERFA

Listen here, none of those four players had their contract expire until this season. None of those four players were first round picks.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

Listen here, none of those four players had their contract expire until this season. None of those four players were first round picks.

How does that make them RFAs? They're classic 4yr rookie contracts that need to be extended either by a 5th year extension or by a 3up right? Same case I have with Ryan Shazier for instance

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

Are BDL second round picks unallowed to test RFA?

RFA is basically for low round rookies that got 3yr contracts and rookies that were picked up in PFA / Waivers in their first year and got a ERFA tender

3 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

RFA is basically for low round rookies that got 3yr contracts and rookies that were picked up in PFA / Waivers in their first year and got a ERFA tender

That rule is a loophole for no good reason. I call bull. 

1 hour ago, MD4L said:

Are BDL second round picks unallowed to test RFA?

Yes because they have always had 4 year contracts in the BDL. The only instance where a player is an RFA is if he's played for 3 years in the NFL and his contract has expired in BDL. This is mostly for RL Undrafted picks. For BDL their contract has always depended on where they were drafted.

2014 - 1st-3rd round picks had 4+ year contracts so 4th-7th round picks could be BDL RFA's.

2015+ 1st-4th round picks had 4+ year contracts so only 5th-7th round picks could be BDL RFA's

The other way is that your ERFA's will eventually become RFA's after you sign them as rookies.

We've already discussed that Ford and Benjamin will be 5th year options for you but Boston and Van Noy are UFA and Havenstein is an RFA 

1 hour ago, MD4L said:

That rule is a loophole for no good reason. I call bull. 

It's been that way for the last 7 years. The only difference is that some people wanted 4 year deals for 4th rounders a few years ago so we changed that aspect. The RFA pool is never going to be that large anymore IMO.