BDL Discussion Thread *OWNERS MEETING STARTS 1/31/18*

Jlash

20 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Exactly. I could've gotten that done in half the time if I was just dealing with Hockey. 

I'm just telling you it's best for all parties involved if Hockey runs the team. He's not going to run Compton, so whatever farm system your pretending to have been cultivating isn't happening.

That isn't true, the deal wouldn't have even happened without me. Hockey didn't think we needed a wideout.

Why would Hockey not want to run Compton? It has some nice pieces in place. It seems weird to force me to Compton and him getting my team when he didn't bring any of those players in except for Tank Carradine and Patrick Robinson.

If it's purely QB or roster talent related, I would even be willing to flip him/Compton Russell Wilson for under market value or something. I would just like to keep the roster I've spent 4 years building.

18 minutes ago, SkunkApes said:

That isn't true, the deal wouldn't have even happened without me. Hockey didn't think we needed a wideout

Well....I mean it couldn't have happened without you either way, right? That's how it works when it's your team.

Why would Hockey not want to run Compton?

I'm assuming he'll chime in at some point, but the last I checked he wasn't interested. 

It seems weird to force me to Compton

I don't remember even bringing Compton up. We can't find another owner for them anyway, so without another "full time co owner" I can't imagine having you take over Compton would make any difference.

Edited by Jlash

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 6:50 PM, SkunkApes said:

I know we discussed this privately, but I would be willing to continue running Orlando again while finding a new co-owner to on-board/teach BDL like we did with Hockey early on, and we can give Hockey his completely own team (Compton).

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 10:07 PM, SkunkApes said:

I mean I'm still the owner as is, so that's not really on the table as I noted going into the year what the situation was. The idea I was floating on my end was a sort of developmental one for new owners joining the league that need help early on. I know I'll be able to find new co-owners every year, and given our attrition rate, always having someone in waiting with BDL experience is probably a good idea. I think Hockey is more than ready to leave the nest and run his own team with full personnel control, and I can bring someone new in to show the ropes.

If not that's fine, I can just continue running the team with Hockey as is. Just an idea.

So I saw these posts and let them simmer a little bit before responding. I'm really curious, can there be a part time owner in the BDL? I ask this because realistically I consider you more of a part time owner than a "co" owner. "Co" implies some sort of shared ownership. While it appears you had some sort of teaching/developmental idea in your head, it failed harder than the XFL.

Don't get me wrong, in the beginning it was somewhat nice to have someone that was "on my side" to PM questions and team ideas and such but those PMs which were generally more criticisms of the waiver players I picked up or the line-up choices I made and they pretty much stopped by the end of October.  There was even a week that I PMed you early in the week asking if you could do the write-up and line-up for that week as I was going away and would not be available. Unfortunately that PM didn't get responded to until the following week, guess who managed to put in a crappy line-up that week. The ironic part was that you were on top of things enough to not only read the line-up but also send me a PM asking if "this was too much of a commitment for me". Rich coming from someone who can't be bothered to put in line-ups or help vote.

Onto the trade deadline. As most of the owners can attest to I was very responsive and even pro-active asking around for values and trying to improve Orlando's roster. How our arrangement here worked is that I would ask for initial value, bring back what I found to you, and you would go talk to them on your own. Generally, I would find out from the other owner a week later that talks fell through for one reason or another. The only deal that Orlando made this season was for Mike Evans which I essentially negotiated the whole thing, handed it off to you and a couple weeks later Orlando had Mike Evans in the same deal I negotiated, plus Anthony Chickillo.

Onto the 5th year option. Ya know, the one I made the numbers work to keep Mike Evans around. Yea, you submitted the original proposal without a single PM or thought to share your idea with me as your co-owner. After you dropped your busted proposal I picked up the pieces and made it work. I guess that's good team work?

Here's my deal. I don't have interest in Compton because of the completely and admittedly selfish reason that I don't want to start my first couple seasons of trying to find a QB that won't get laughed at in every vote (Despite JLash constantly trying to get me to take the team). I'd be willing to be the full time owner of Orlando and even have an interested co-owner or I'd probably just bow out because everyone else seems to be set and doesn't have a need for a co-owner. Sorry for writing a book but I felt like my side of the story of this season needed to be heard before people try and make a decision in the owners meeting.

• Like 4

Listen guys, at the end of the day if you choose to let Footy keep his team that he built for the last 4 years I'm not going to have hard feelings as I am torn even being in the position that I am. For me I feel like its an all or nothing thing, not a half commitment or the need to get approval for moves.

Edited by Hockey5djh
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, SkunkApes said:

If it's purely QB or roster talent related, I would even be willing to flip him/Compton Russell Wilson for under market value or something. I would just like to keep the roster I've spent 4 years building.

Ok i'll bite....just so every option is out on the table. What would a Russell Wilson trade look like for Compton?

(note: Just so you guys think I didn't think all the options through, I already asked a couple owners after the season was over what the cost of their QBs/back-up QB would be.)

• Like 1

Yeah, if it's completely QB driven, I'll agree to give you Russell Wilson for pennies on the dollar if you take Compton and I hold onto Orlando full-time. We can even let the other owners decide what is fair compensation. All good with me.

1 hour ago, pheltzbahr said:

Let's ask Blue to run Compton after we Bootsy.  Not sure long he'll last here with the short banhammer though.

I think Rags has said he'd come back if Footy were gone, but yea he'd get tossed here pretty quick I think.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SkunkApes said:

Yeah, if it's completely QB driven, I'll agree to give you Russell Wilson for pennies on the dollar if you take Compton and I hold onto Orlando full-time. We can even let the other owners decide what is fair compensation. All good with me.

I think this is a solid compromise if hockey is up for it