BDL Discussion Thread *OWNERS MEETING STARTS 1/31/18*

Jlash

4 hours ago, Taylor091 said:

Plus Aaron Donald who is going to be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL pretty soon.

plus the highest paid RB in Bell. I've got Griffen coming off a cheap FA contact next year too. been planning for it for awhile now. one of the reasons I went volume on WR, CB, S and LB recently to have good cheap base depth.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

plus the highest paid RB in Bell. I've got Griffen coming off a cheap FA contact next year too. been planning for it for awhile now. one of the reasons I went volume on WR, CB, S and LB recently to have good cheap base depth.

giphy.gif

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 4:34 PM, pheltzbahr said:

Considering the growth of the actual NFL Salary Cap in the past 5 years has been a steady 8% per year, I think if we go out 4 years at 2.5%, we could find ourselves in a problem.  I will vote no to the current option, but am fine with a 2.5% increase for each of the next 2 seasons.

Topic #2 - NO

I'd also like to propose an alternate voting choice, instead of just choosing a hypothetical % and committing to it, we raise the BDL salary cap the same percentage that the NFL salary cap increases each year. This avoids the BDL lagging behind but also puts a static increase in place so we don't have to revisit the topic every offseason.

Edited by Hockey5djh

23 hours ago, SirA1 said:

Note for things like Team Name changes we generally don't vote on that unless the name is superbad. So Hockey/Ruskie feel free once you decide to post things so we can change up the spreadsheets.

I'm actually planning an extravagant reveal with graphics and jerseys included. Unfortunately for you guys that means that we're handcuffed by the artist's timeline in these cases. I'll reveal as soon as I can.

Edited by Hockey5djh
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hockey5djh said:

I'm actually planning an extravagant reveal with graphics and jerseys included. Unfortunately for you guys that means that we're handcuffed but the artist's timeline in these cases. I'll reveal as soon as I can.

I hope you have Kilty working on it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Of course. We've already shot like 20 PMs back and forth and have a solid idea worked out, just need to give him some time to work his magic now.

Awesome idea. The rest of the BDL crowd has no idea what's in store.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SirA1 said:

Topic #4 - Home field Advantage Extended in Playoffs

Current Rule - Homefield advantage carries through the first round of the playoffs but the semifinals and Bizz bowl are on a neutral field. 

Proposed Change - Homefield advantage added to the semifinals. Bizzbowl still on a neutral field.

Yes - 9 - Jlash, Pheltz, Ruskie, Whicker, SirA, PR, Rags, Lukic, Hockey

No - 3 - Bcb, Xmad, Dingo

For BCB the playoffs are seeded just like the NFL. So the higher seeds would have the home field advantage. Best record shouldn't come into it IMO.