BDL Discussion Thread *OWNERS MEETING STARTS 1/31/18*

Jlash

7 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I didn't know there was an auto increase already set up. When I asked previously about increases in the cap the response was something along the lines of "usually when people complain about it".

My proposal to move the cap increase in line with the NFL is simple. Yes, we don't account for dead cap space and how bonuses are distributed but we also have half to the teams that the NFL does and therefore double the talent. My proposal wasn't to increase the cap by 8% YTY but to increase the BDL cap in an equal percentage to what the NFL increases their cap. Maybe 2018 is an 8% increase but 2019 is only a 4% increase. By aligning our cap increases with the league we'll never fall behind or get ahead of league contract growth and we won't have to debate what we want to raise the cap by each year based on what the most vocal people think is a good number to increase by.

You voted for it a few days ago. Topic #2.

We've got an increase in place going forward and we should give it some time to work.

The NFL has been raising the Cap by $10M/year for the last 2-3 years. That's way too much IMO but it's what they negotiated in the CBA.

Edited by SirA1

1 hour ago, SirA1 said:

You voted for it a few days ago. Topic #2.

We've got an increase in place going forward and we should give it some time to work.

The NFL has been raising the Cap by $10M/year for the last 2-3 years. That's way too much IMO but it's what they negotiated in the CBA.

Ah I thought you meant prior to the vote. I'm fine with riding it out just wanted to offer up alternatives for going forward because this still sounds like something we'll have to address every year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SirA1 said:

The reason I made my proposal is because of exactly this. The BDL increases are still being based on opinion, I was trying to avoid that with my original vote proposal. The proposal just missed the mark because you inserted the subjective 2.5%. Not that there's anything wrong with 2.5% for this season, I was just trying to make it something that didn't have to be revisited every year. 

Edited by Hockey5djh

not an official topic but would anyone have interest in adding  Devy League aspect to the BDL?

Could give us something to do during the summer and the eventual cap hits could be based off the players actual salaries adjusted to bdl rates.

1 minute ago, SirA1 said:

not an official topic but would anyone have interest in adding  Devy League aspect to the BDL?

Could give us something to do during the summer and the eventual cap hits could be based off the players actual salaries adjusted to bdl rates.

What?

21 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

I wouldn't.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SirA1 said:

Topic #5 - Roster Size Change

Current Rule - The roster limit is set at 70 players. However, players that are RL free agents, that are on IR/PUP or that are on practice squads are not counted against that limit. 

Proposed Change for 2019 - The roster limit is set at 65 players. However, players that are RL free agents, that are on IR/PUP or that are on practice squads are not counted against that limit. 

Yes - 7 - Ruskie, Whicker, SirA, PR, Rags, Dingo, MD4L

No - 9 - Jlash, Pheltz, Bcb, Xmad, Lukic, Ted, Hockey, Skapes, Counselor

Calling it.

On 2/9/2018 at 10:19 AM, SirA1 said:

Topic #4A - Better Record Vs. Higher seed for Home Field in playoffs.

A. Higher Seed - 7 - SirA, Jlash, Skapes, Hockey, Whicker, Lukic, Pheltz

B. Better Record - 3 - BCB, Rags, Xmad

Paging

Edited by SirA1