BDL Discussion Thread *OWNERS MEETING STARTS 1/31/18*

Jlash

My thing with this players limit is the losers aren't going to be UDFA types. It'll be folks like Tre Boston who play well and surprise during a season. Owners are not allowed to cut draft picks or any BDL UDFAs during the season.

5 hours ago, SirA1 said:

Topic #4 - Home field Advantage Extended in Playoffs

Current Rule - Homefield advantage carries through the first round of the playoffs but the semifinals and Bizz bowl are on a neutral field. 

Proposed Change - Homefield advantage added to the semifinals. Bizzbowl still on a neutral field.

Yes - 7 - Jlash, Pheltz, Ruskie, Whicker, SirA, PR, Rags

No - 2 - Bcb, Xmad

Paging

Edited by SirA1

5 hours ago, SirA1 said:

Topic #5 - Roster Size Change

Current Rule - The roster limit is set at 70 players. However, players that are RL free agents, that are on IR/PUP or that are on practice squads are not counted against that limit. 

Proposed Change for 2019 - The roster limit is set at 65 players. However, players that are RL free agents, that are on IR/PUP or that are on practice squads are not counted against that limit. 

Yes - 5 - Ruskie, Whicker, SirA, PR, Rags

No - 4 - Jlash, Pheltz, Bcb, Xmad

Paging

Edited by SirA1

6 minutes ago, MD4L said:

My thing with this players limit is the losers aren't going to be UDFA types. It'll be folks like Tre Boston who play well and surprise during a season. Owners are not allowed to cut draft picks or any BDL UDFAs during the season.

I counter with it will make guys like Tre Boston available as waiver claims for teams that need them if their starters go down. Having a tighter roster limit will control crazy spending in FA and the Shark Tank, which is a good thing.

1 minute ago, SirA1 said:

I counter with it will make guys like Tre Boston available as waiver claims for teams that need them if their starters go down. Having a tighter roster limit will control crazy spending in FA and the Shark Tank, which is a good thing.

Commie

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

i think the opposite will happen.  Contract values will go up with five less roster spots available

2 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

i think the opposite will happen.  Contract values will go up with five less roster spots available

That's a good thing IMO. I meant more that it would stop teams like Wichita from signing 10 guys to 3 year $501/per contracts and hope they pan out.