BDL Discussion Thread *OWNERS MEETING STARTS 1/31/18*

Jlash

1 hour ago, SirA1 said:

That's a good thing IMO. I meant more that it would stop teams like Wichita from signing 10 guys to 3 year $501/per contracts and hope they pan out.

How would that stop me though? I rately get close to the 70 man roster anyway :P

20 hours ago, SirA1 said:

Topic #4 - Home field Advantage Extended in Playoffs

Current Rule - Homefield advantage carries through the first round of the playoffs but the semifinals and Bizz bowl are on a neutral field. 

Proposed Change - Homefield advantage added to the semifinals. Bizzbowl still on a neutral field.

Yes - 9 - Jlash, Pheltz, Ruskie, Whicker, SirA, PR, Rags, Lukic, Hockey

No - 3 - Bcb, Xmad, Dingo

Paging

Edited by SirA1

20 hours ago, SirA1 said:

Topic #5 - Roster Size Change

Current Rule - The roster limit is set at 70 players. However, players that are RL free agents, that are on IR/PUP or that are on practice squads are not counted against that limit. 

Proposed Change for 2019 - The roster limit is set at 65 players. However, players that are RL free agents, that are on IR/PUP or that are on practice squads are not counted against that limit. 

Yes - 7 - Ruskie, Whicker, SirA, PR, Rags, Dingo, MD4L

No - 7 - Jlash, Pheltz, Bcb, Xmad, Lukic, Ted, Hockey

Paging @Counselor

Edited by SirA1

57 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

Why are we changing home-field advantage? People obviously will give the home team the edge in a close game and that will screw over the road team more often than not.

Topic 4- No.

Topic 5. - Heck yes. 

Thats the reward for doing well in the regular season...

Topic 4 - yes

Topic 5 - no

5 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

Why are we changing home-field advantage? People obviously will give the home team the edge in a close game and that will screw over the road team more often than not.

You do realize that Home-field advantage is just in case of a tie the win goes to the home team. They don't get any other advantage.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WFLukic said:

Thats the reward for doing well in the regular season...

Topic 4 - yes

Topic 5 - no

Yep you already get a home game and won your division , what more do you need? 

46 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

You do realize that Home-field advantage is just in case of a tie the win goes to the home team. They don't get any other advantage.

Ehh people will always subconsciously give the home team the edge and in a close playoff game I'd rather the roster/gameplan swung the extra 1 or 2 votes that decide it rather than home games but oh well.