Sam Darnold vs Baker Mayfield

BIgBoii

These two guys were the first qb's drafted and were the two guys the browns were considering taking no.1 overall. Which one do you think will have the better career and do you think the browns made a mistake picking Baker? 

I think they both end up being neck & neck around the 10-12 range in terms of the best QB's in the league. That's what I'd bet right now. I really think it'll always be too close to give one the nod over the other.

The Browns offense is significantly better than the Jets offense though. I think because of this, Baker will have the better stats.

13 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I think they both end up being neck & neck around the 10-12 range in terms of the best QB's in the league. That's what I'd bet right now. I really think it'll always be too close to give one the nod over the other.

The Browns offense is significantly better than the Jets offense though. I think because of this, Baker will have the better stats.

As a rookie, I expect Rosen to have the best stats if he can stay healthy, Arizona's offense has real weapons to take the pressure off their QB. I also think you are right, that Mayfield will have better talent around him to initially look better than Darnold and Darnold may struggle in his rookie year, because the Jets on offense, have very little talent.

55 minutes ago, Iamcanadian said:

As a rookie, I expect Rosen to have the best stats if he can stay healthy, Arizona's offense has real weapons to take the pressure off their QB. I also think you are right, that Mayfield will have better talent around him to initially look better than Darnold and Darnold may struggle in his rookie year, because the Jets on offense, have very little talent.

The Cardinals OL is atrocious though. I also don't expect any of these QB's to see big time minutes as rookies. Darnold has the best chance to win the job out of camp, but I wonder if the Jets want to thrust him into a terrible situation like that.

14 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

I don't think Rosen starts the season, he throws a temper tantrum that Bradford is starting over him, and the locker room grows distant with him.

I was a HUGE Darnold believer before the draft and was irate when the Browns passed on him for Mayfield. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm betting on Sam long term, although the Jets better figure out a way to get him some major offensive help over the next year or so, because he's definitely at a disadvantage in NY there. However, he's at a coaching advantage with Bowles over Hue.

15 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Browns won 0 games, Jets won 5. Idk where you think they’re significantly better at anything than us. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't ever remember a "bad boy" QB having long-term success in the NFL.  I think of guys like Jeff George, Jim Harbaugh, Jim McMahon, Ryan Leaf, Johnny Manziel.  Mayfield may flash for a few years, but long-term, I have to go with Darnold.  

21 minutes ago, JLambert58 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't ever remember a "bad boy" QB having long-term success in the NFL.  I think of guys like Jeff George, Jim Harbaugh, Jim McMahon, Ryan Leaf, Johnny Manziel.  Mayfield may flash for a few years, but long-term, I have to go with Darnold.  

Mayfield is so naughty on the football field. 

21 minutes ago, JLambert58 said:

I guess it depends on what you mean by "bad boy".

Brett Favre was addicted to pain killers.

Phillip Rivers is a Pro Bowl QB who is very in your face.

Big Ben is/was allegedly a rapist.

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I guess it depends on what you mean by "bad boy".

Brett Favre was addicted to pain killers.

Phillip Rivers is a Pro Bowl QB who is very in your face.

Big Ben is/was allegedly a rapist.

Vick literally went to jail.

Archived