Packers Off-season Mini-Camp/Training Camp Discussion Thread

22 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Don't tell me what to do.

If we're adding veterans, EDGE and WR are more important than ILB.  Possibly even guard.  If we sign a WR and a pass rusher, absolutely, sign an ILB.  If signing an ILB doesn't keep us from adding a WR/Pass rusher, sure.  Absolutely.  Otherwise...

We don't need a WR, we have tons of young guys making splashes.

EDGE as long as Biegel, Fackrell, Gilbert keep looking good they are going to hold tight.

The roster has no one to replace the role Ryan played. ILB is most important.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

We don't need a WR, we have tons of young guys making splashes.

EDGE as long as Biegel, Fackrell, Gilbert keep looking good they are going to hold tight.

The roster has no one to replace the role Ryan played. ILB is most important.

I disagree.  If we sign a pass rusher, Clay Matthews can play more at ILB, Fackrell could try playing ILB.  Signing a pass rusher fixes both positions.  Signing an ILB fixes only one. 

I'm not sold on Rodgers trusting anybody other than Adams, Cobb and Graham.  Maybe Allison.  I think we have plenty at WR, but I don't think what we have past Adams/Cobb at WR are good enough for Rodgers. 

15 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Regarding the ILB, I don't care if it is a vet or a rookie.  Just find a guy that can play the position.  We really only have 2 vets of Pettine's defense anyway, Wilkerson and Tramon.

Doesn't even have to play it that well, just a guy that can stuff the holes and hold up well in traffic

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Eh that really wasn't his game at Vandy. Unless Martinez is going to crash and blow up FBs and Burks takes the sideline/roamer role.

Circling the square peg/round hole dance there. Lose your thumper, just go get another thumper. I don't want Burks in the hole trying to take on the guard to stop Jordan Howard and Dalvin Cook on 3rd and 2. 

12 hours ago, cannondale said:

We need more than just check downs to keep pace. The playoffs proved that.

RB's are going to be what TE's were 5 years ago IMO. Surprised it hasn't happened sooner when you really think about it.

Wut

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Cole Madison better not retire.  I gotta point to him four years down the road and compare him to Quenton Nelson and lol at everybody who wanted Nelson.  Guess I'll have to find five other interior offensive linemen drafted in the 2nd-7th rounds that have as good as or better career than Nelson will. 

I want him to retire so I can scream about gute drafting busts in round 5 daily for a decade.

14 minutes ago, Norm said:

Wut

Almost every team in the playoffs used RB's in the passing game as not only check downs, but actual weapons to gain chunks of yardage. I think this trend will be hot, just like at the height of everyone trying to find the next TE weapon, which peaked about 5 years ago, and still continues, but much harder to find. RB's have been shown to stretch the field vertically, and can also stretch the field sideline to sideline. The Packers are way behind the league in this regard

Just now, cannondale said:

The Packers are way behind the league in this regard

I've only been saying that for three years now.  We have a WR playing RB and we still target our running backs less than any other playoff team. 

Archived