Packers Off-season Mini-Camp/Training Camp Discussion Thread

24 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

All the more reason why Brice needs to be okay. Jones playing traditional safety is a weakness for him in and of itself. It's not his position. Guy needs to be close to the box. If Brice is/goes down, Gute needs to add a safety yesterday because Jones aint it. 

Can anyone with some knowledge of Pettine's history comment on his preference on how to play his safeties?  I thought I read somewhere that he prefers more clear-cut FS/SS roles and favors single high looks.  If this is correct, it gives me some hope for JJ2017.

6 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

The comments on this are pretty good ?

How is this not deleted yet

Also. How bad does Mays feel lol. 

Oh it's just that bum, I almost cared for a second!

21 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

If he plays well in the preseason, it would be foolish to think he'd go unclaimed.

Agree. Havent seen him do a thing (or fail to do a thing) yet - but he's got enticing height and speed. 
DuPre and McCaffrey got snagged after relatively pedestrian preseasons and neither had EQ's measurables.
It doesnt take much for another team to take a PS flyer on a player.

31 minutes ago, Leader said:

Agree. Havent seen him do a thing (or fail to do a thing) yet - but he's got enticing height and speed. 
DuPre and McCaffrey got snagged after relatively pedestrian preseasons and neither had EQ's measurables.
It doesnt take much for another team to take a PS flyer on a player.

FWIW, Dupre didn't get to a PS right away, he sat for a bit. Wasn't the rumor we didn't even want him on ours or something?

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Really crossing my fingers that Kizer can take the reins on the No. 2 spot. I'm not expecting much improvement from Hundley and havent heard anything through 2 weeks of camp suggesting improvement. Guy seems lost on the field.

There’s wayyyy more players I’m crossing my fingers for over Kizer lol . I hope he sees the field only during blowouts.

1 minute ago, Norm said:

FWIW, Dupre didn't get to a PS right away, he sat for a bit. Wasn't the rumor we didn't even want him on ours or something?

Oh - dont know. I thought we'd tried to put him there and he got snagged.

Archived