WCF: Warriors vs Rockets Thread- The Real NBA Finals

Texansfan713

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You are still unaware of how LeBron James is less than 4 years older than Kevin Durant. If you didn't insult our public education system along the way, I'd chalk it up to a learning disability or general southern "I don't need no learnin numbers" and not make fun of you. But you actually made fun of the common core while operating at the functional math equivalent of a 3rd grader.

Goddamn hilarious.

what the heck are you even talking about?

2 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

whats the argument? That somehow Lebron is entitled to being the best player every season??? He was a 4 seed in the leastern conference. Ran one teammate off in the off season, and the rest of the team at the trade deadline. Harden had the numbers and had the wins. Unless there is something else, theres no argument. Lets see if Lebron can even get 1 win against the warriors in the finals. 

No one carried their team like LeBron this year (even just regular season). plays every game, leads the league in minutes, 27.5 ppg on 55%, 9apg 8.5 rpg. Harden's got more points, but on 10% lower shooting. Missed 10 games as well. Had more wins, but he played on a team with Paul, and Gordon/Capela having great years, whereas LeBron's team is playing like they should be in the Euroleague.

Not a robbery if Harden wins, but there's your argument. pretty obvious Bron was more valuable, just depends how much you value that vs team success.

Just now, dtait93 said:

He couldn’t stop the bleeding in the second half. If your the MVP you step up and answer back for your team. It was still a single digit game with 9 minutes in the 4th. Where it got completely out of control was when his shot got blocked in the corner with a little over 9 minutes left and he didn’t get back on defense and golden state went on to hit a 3. He wasn’t even on the screen. It’s not hate. It’s the standard he should be held to as MVP of the league. You and the rest of the Houston fans should hold him accountable to that standard. 25 points in the 2nd half is unacceptable as the main scorer and facilitator. What’s wrong with that?

its the double standard. Every one else in the league, Westbrook, Davis, Lebron, they all get the "The team is trash" argument and yet Harden can carry scrubs seasons at a time and he doesnt get the same love and respect. I get it, people dont like his style of play, so just own that instead of trying to tear down his production.  

1 minute ago, Pastor Dillon said:

what the heck are you even talking about?

Do you not remember how you argued in this very thread for a few pages that LeBron James has to be at least 4 years older than Kevin Durant because his nominal age was listed as 4 years older?

Just now, Buckrock101 said:

No one carried their team like LeBron this year (even just regular season). plays every game, leads the league in minutes, 27.5 ppg on 55%, 9apg 8.5 rpg. Harden's got more points, but on 10% lower shooting. Missed 10 games as well. Had more wins, but he played on a team with Paul, and Gordon/Capela having great years, whereas LeBron's team is playing like they should be in the Euroleague.

Not a robbery if Harden wins, but there's your argument. pretty obvious Bron was more valuable, just depends how much you value that vs team success.

i can accept the 10 games missed argument, but you cant punish Harden for winning way more games. 

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Their offense isn't that different with Paul. Paul just makes ridiculous shots when Harden cools off.

Yeah I guess the difference is more that Paul can adjust and take better shots. Gordon and those guys drive, and if it's defended they just jack it up in traffic anyway. Paul at least has moves

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Do you not remember how you argued in this very thread for a few pages that LeBron James has to be at least 4 years older than Kevin Durant because his nominal age was listed as 4 years older?

i remember being so far off that i thought my sarcasm was obvious, even threw the dig at common core in there just to make sure everyone understood. guess it was a little too thick though.

its the double standard. Every one else in the league, Westbrook, Davis, Lebron, they all get the "The team is trash" argument and yet Harden can carry scrubs seasons at a time and he doesnt get the same love and respect. I get it, people dont like his style of play, so just own that instead of trying to tear down his production.  

That's because Harden plays worse in the playoffs. Although, Russ shouldn't get that excuse. Harden lacks defining moments in the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

He couldn’t stop the bleeding in the second half. If your the MVP you step up and answer back for your team. It was still a single digit game with 9 minutes in the 4th. Where it got completely out of control was when his shot got blocked in the corner with a little over 9 minutes left and he didn’t get back on defense and golden state went on to hit a 3. He wasn’t even on the screen. It’s not hate. It’s the standard he should be held to as MVP of the league. You and the rest of the Houston fans should hold him accountable to that standard. 25 points in the 2nd half is unacceptable as the main scorer and facilitator. What’s wrong with that?

Let's be honest, with a guy like Lebron in the league MVP is just a second place award when he doesn't win it. Everyone knows that. 

i remember being so far off that i thought my sarcasm was obvious, even threw the dig at common core in there just to make sure everyone understood. guess it was a little too thick though.

No you said sarcasm when I joked about how no one should tithe for your church, which I stand by.

You actually can't do math. It's okay though. You're in a profession where not being able to do elementary school level math is important for sincerity tbh.

Archived