WCF: Warriors vs Rockets Thread- The Real NBA Finals

Texansfan713

Just now, Mossburg said:

I think Warriors still win, but Green would help that team A LOT. A lot of what they're missing he adds.

I don't think the Warriors win to be honest. Folks for some reason STILL don't realize how much of a force and game changer he is on the defensive end. If he is on the Rockets, who exactly is the rim protector for the Dubs? Green's help side defense is also second to none. Paul/Harden will have a lay up line like they did at the end of the half. 

If the Warriors do win, it would be in a haaaarrrrddddd fought series. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't think the Warriors win to be honest. Folks for some reason STILL don't realize how much of a force and game changer he is on the defensive end. If he is on the Rockets, who exactly is the rim protector for the Dubs? Green's help side defense is also second to none. Paul/Harden will have a lay up line like they did at the end of the half. 

If the Warriors do win, it would be in a haaaarrrrddddd fought series. 

The rockets couldn’t play Capela next to green. In the rockets system green wouldn’t fit as a PF. He would have to play C. I’m not sure his impact that much better than Capela, especially in the role our center plays. Now it would be easier if Green wasn’t on the warriors. That’s the big impact, more so than him being on the rockets 

You figure out a way to play Green/Capela together. If you can't, then your system is just whack. You think Popovich wouldn't be able to play those two together?

Green would make the Rockets at the very least close to even with the Warriors. Pretty big difference compared to what it is right now. 

2 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

not worried.  i still think we win in 7.  we will win game 2 and steal a game in GS. 

A desperate man typed with shaky fingers.

You did no need to do this to prove anything friend. :(

10 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

I don't think the Rockets are a great team if compared to other great teams of years past. They're a good team that looks great in a watered down league with only one true great team.

they were on pace for over 70 wins had paul not miss 26 games.  they are a a great team compared to teams of the past.

24 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

They probably would win, but Kerr would give them a better shot than D'Antoni.

Both Billy Donovan and Scott Brooks beat Popovich in the playoffs because OKC started switching actions and the Spurs didn't have guys who could create plays against good to great defenders. And they even had a guy who could score in the post against mismatches (Duncan), which is kinda the way to stop/beat most switching teams.

And those are the extremes of iso vs. team ball going against each other. And great coach vs. a bad coach (or at least a coach that can't get the team to execute his stuff).

7 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

There is no way I’m getting Swept and then giving 33 year old CP3 a 4 year max deal. If he won’t sign like 3/80 then I’m letting him walk. 

I kinda hope GS sweeps so the Suns can max out Capela and HOU not match.

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Both Billy Donovan and Scott Brooks beat Popovich in the playoffs because OKC started switching actions and the Spurs didn't have guys who could create plays against good to great defenders. And they even had a guy who could score in the post against mismatches (Duncan), which is kinda the way to stop/beat most switching teams.

Also because Ibaka was an absolute beast at PnR defense and shut down all the Parker action. Not many teams have that guy, especially considering Ibaka is also super respectable on offense.

5 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

they were on pace for over 70 wins had paul not miss 26 games.  they are a a great team compared to teams of the past.

I'm not denying that Mike D'Antoni didn't do an amazing job maximizing this team in the regular season like he always does. Then again look at the West from 3rd seed down. Easily the worst Western Conference in decades. All of these things contributed to an exceptional regular season, not just their play.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Let him live.… 

I will. I haven’t been posting on here much lately because the Warriors dominance has become boring, and the basketball forum is all that used to interest me, so I was planning on leaving anyway.

@Texansfan713, your faith in the Rockets was dumb and misguided, but I’ll give you the chance to back out of the bet if you admit the Rockets are pretenders and don’t come close to the Warriors.

Just now, Darkness said:

I will. I haven’t been posting on here much lately because the Warriors dominance has become boring, and the basketball forum is all that used to interest me, so I was planning on leaving anyway.

@Texansfan713, your faith in the Rockets was dumb and misguided, but I’ll give you the chance to back out of the bet if you admit the Rockets are pretenders and don’t come close to the Warriors.

its not dumb.  if we lose game 2 then i'll lose faith but its just 1 damn game. 

Archived