WCF: Warriors vs Rockets Thread- The Real NBA Finals

Texansfan713

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Don't worry once Bron goes to Philly next year and Celtics get their guys back, three legitimate beasts battling it for the cship. 

Bron going to the 76ers would eliminate him. So he should do that. 

Im excited for Warriors vs Boston. Maybe 3 straight years. I think Boston next year, if healthy, will possible beat the warriors. 

Horford/Tatum/Brown/Hayward/Irving in that system with guys like morris and Rozier off the bench. They also can probably bring back the guard version of Draymond Green. 

Thats going to be a really good team. I don’t see anyway Irving isn’t the MVP next year if healthy. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Thomas is a good one. 

Redd sort of, but not like how you described.

I guess Miles as well. But overall not many left handers have that in their arsenal. I wonder why? 

I don't think it has anything to do with left hand. Not many guys have that shot period, otherwise they become at worst a good bench guy scorer type (Patty Mills, Jamal Crawford). There being less left handers makes it even less likely.

Just now, El ramster said:

Why does it have to be left handed. Lou Will bby. That’s your Match. 

What? We're talking about left handers who have the ability to pull up off one or two dribbles. And right now really only Thomas could do it at an high level. 

Just now, Mossburg said:

I don't think it has anything to do with left hand. Not many guys have that shot period, otherwise they become at worst a good bench guy scorer type (Patty Mills, Jamal Crawford). There being less left handers makes it even less likely.

I think it may have something to do with the hand to be honest. There are still quite a bit of players that could do it with their right hands, compared to only one or two that do it with their left hand. Could be maybe the angle of the shot? 

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

even if you watch the Celtics, who get praised as having the best coach, what do they mostly do on offense? Attack mismatches, what a genius Brad is. They are good because they have elite defenders, like the Warriors, that can switch everything.

A coach tries to attack mismatches? You don't say. I must have just missed the Celtics when they run their real offense, because when I watch them, it's not a ball-stopping offense with minimal off-the-ball movement and creativity.

I wonder what kind of changes the Rockets make defensively next game. Trapping Durant/Curry is probably the easiest solution and leaving Iggy/Looney/Dray open at the top of the key. By switching everything, they allowed the Dubs to get whatever mismatch they wanted and go to work from there. Bad defensive game plan by D'antoni. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I wonder what kind of changes the Rockets make defensively next game. Trapping Durant/Curry is probably the easiest solution and leaving Iggy/Looney/Dray open at the top of the key. By switching everything, they allowed the Dubs to get whatever mismatch they wanted and go to work from there. Bad defensive game plan by D'antoni. 

I don't feel like trapping is very effective either because of the ball movement and passers on the floor.

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The Rockets also switch everything, but the constant motion of the Warriors' O still leads to a lot more easy baskets. The Rockets do next to nothing off the ball. It makes it easy to switch on them and make them take tough shots. 

No, it works because the Rockets play Harden, Nene, CP3 (too small), Gerald Green, Eric Gordon, Ryan Anderson and they are not great defenders. Also because the Warriors have better players. KD iso'd all the time and he just shot over everyone.  

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

No, it works because the Rockets play Harden, Nene, CP3 (too small), Gerald Green, Eric Gordon, Ryan Anderson and they are not great defenders. Also because the Warriors have better players. KD iso'd all the time and he just shot over everyone.  

No, it works because the Warriors work to get good looks. Yes, Durant was a monster tonight, but when he wasn't on the court, they were still finding quality looks. You're blind if you don't see the difference. The Warriors are too good for the Rockets to just stand around and watch Harden or CP3 play 1-on-1.

3 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

I'm talking about him lacking a key ability as a scorer that has nothing to do with FTs.

I believe your opening sentence said something along the lines that Harden couldn't shoot off the dribble, so yeah.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

I don't feel like trapping is very effective either because of the ball movement and passers on the floor.

It is better than switching everything. There is no harm at all in trapping Durant when Looney sets the screen. If the trap Green, then obviously he could make a play but you could just help off of Iggy and give help in the paint. Or you could do what the Spurs did and fight over the screen and sag Capela off and force the Dubs to shoot mid range jumpers all game. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It is better than switching everything. There is no harm at all in trapping Durant when Looney sets the screen. If the trap Green, then obviously he could make a play but you could just help off of Iggy and give help in the paint. Or you could do what the Spurs did and fight over the screen and sag Capela off and force the Dubs to shoot mid range jumpers all game. 

I think they'll gladly take that. Especially if Curry and Durant are locked in.

Archived