WCF: Warriors vs Rockets Thread- The Real NBA Finals

Texansfan713

1 minute ago, Mossburg said:

I'm not commenting on this game specifically. Just an overall observation. He gets to the rim or shoots a tough shot off balance. How many other type of shots does he attempt? A lot of elite scorers could take 2 dribbles and elevate over a guy for a high percentage shot. If Harden could do that he would be so much more dynamic. Instead he dances a ton and still can't get a clean look.

I get what you're saying. I commented on this earlier in the thread saying the reason Harden has so many 7-22 games is because the amount of tough shots he takes on a nightly basis. Those step back shots aren't going in every game, just the law of averages. He doesn't have that Kobe or KD two dribble pull up. 

But really, which left hander in history has had that shot in his arsenal? 

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

if your point is that it is too predictable and gimmicky to work against GS then every team in the NBA has the same problem. HOU would easily beat every other team in the NBA.

A better system and a better coach would give them a better chance. No team has a good chance of beating GS, but the Rockets make it way too easy.

Any thoughts on what Kerr said? He said

he couldn’t play in today’s NBA.

and I forgot who.. Was on speak for yourself and he said Reggie Miller in today’s NBA would be unstoppable as he’s Klay Thompson on steroids. Good debates bby. 

Missed the first half. Rockets were trying to make Steph defend almost every possession lol. And Steph held his own from what I saw. KD is unfair. Nobody in league history can guard him. None. Knowing the Warriors, they’re gonna take it easy in game 2. And let the foot off the gas. Oh yeah, Draymond defensively is amazing.

7 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

why he's still relatively inefficient compared to most other stars in the league today

The only stars that are more efficient than Harden are KD and Curry. 

Harden has had the same TS% as Lebron the last 3 years. 

Just now, El ramster said:

Any thoughts on what Kerr said? He said

he couldn’t play in today’s NBA.

and I forgot who.. Was on speak for yourself and he said Reggie Miller in today’s NBA would be unstoppable as he’s Klay Thompson on steroids. Good debates bby. 

Miller could have definitely played in today's NBA, but Kerr would have been isolated a lot more and exposed on the defensive end. But there is still a role for a sharp shooter like that. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I get what you're saying. I commented on this earlier in the thread saying the reason Harden has so many 7-22 games is because the amount of tough shots he takes on a nightly basis. Those step back shots aren't going in every game, just the law of averages. He doesn't have that Kobe or KD two dribble pull up. 

But really, which left hander in history has had that shot in his arsenal? 

Michael Redd? Isaiah Thomas? Isn't CJ Miles left handed? If so him too.

Harden's game is just too grounded.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Miller could have definitely played in today's NBA, but Kerr would have been isolated a lot more and exposed on the defensive end. But there is still a role for a sharp shooter like that. 

I think he’s a better Korver. And Korver could play. 

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

A better system and a better coach would give them a better chance. No team has a good chance of beating GS, but the Rockets make it way too easy.

ok, you know the reason the Warriors switch everything is so your system doesn't work right? That is literally the whole point of switching everything. And they always have 4 great defenders, sometimes 5, so when your "system" doesn't work you have to iso against a great defender.

The only stars that are more efficient than Harden are KD and Curry. 

Harden has had the same TS% as Lebron the last 3 years. 

Because of huge disparity in FTs, which has nothing to do with what we're talking about.

Just now, Mossburg said:

Michael Redd? Isaiah Thomas? Isn't CJ Miles left handed? If so him too.

Harden's game is just too grounded.

Thomas is a good one. 

Redd sort of, but not like how you described.

I guess Miles as well. But overall not many left handers have that in their arsenal. I wonder why? 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Thomas is a good one. 

Redd sort of, but not like how you described.

I guess Miles as well. But overall not many left handers have that in their arsenal. I wonder why? 

Why does it have to be left handed. Lou Will bby. That’s your Match. 

ok, you know the reason the Warriors switch everything is so your system doesn't work right? That is literally the whole point of switching everything. And they always have 4 great defenders, sometimes 5, so when your "system" doesn't work you have to iso against a great defender.

The Rockets also switch everything, but the constant motion of the Warriors' O still leads to a lot more easy baskets. The Rockets do next to nothing off the ball. It makes it easy to switch on them and make them take tough shots. 

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

even if you watch the Celtics, who get praised as having the best coach, what do they mostly do on offense? Attack mismatches, what a genius Brad is. They are good because they have elite defenders, like the Warriors, that can switch everything.

Archived