WCF: Warriors vs Rockets Thread- The Real NBA Finals

Texansfan713

12 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Bron going to the 76ers would eliminate him. So he should do that. 

Im excited for Warriors vs Boston. Maybe 3 straight years. I think Boston next year, if healthy, will possible beat the warriors. 

Horford/Tatum/Brown/Hayward/Irving in that system with guys like morris and Rozier off the bench. They also can probably bring back the guard version of Draymond Green. 

Thats going to be a really good team. I don’t see anyway Irving isn’t the MVP next year if healthy. 

Let's be honest here...Kyrie Irving will never win MVP.

Just now, jrry32 said:

No, it works because the Warriors work to get good looks. Yes, Durant was a monster tonight, but when he wasn't on the court, they were still finding quality looks. You're blind if you don't see the difference. The Warriors are too good for the Rockets to just stand around and watch Harden or CP3 play 1-on-1.

If they switched coaches and play styles the Warriors would still win. Because they can switch everything on defense which basically makes your 'play' a waste of time. Obviously I see the difference. But people act like if the Rockets did the same thing on offense they all of a sudden would be more competitive, which wouldn't be the case. Nothing they do on offense schematically (with their current roster) is going to make them more competitive. 

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

If they switched coaches and play styles the Warriors would still win. Because they can switch everything on defense which basically makes your 'play' a waste of time. Obviously I see the difference. But people act like if the Rockets did the same thing on offense they all of a sudden would be more competitive, which wouldn't be the case. Nothing they do on offense schematically (with their current roster) is going to make them more competitive. 

They probably would win, but Kerr would give them a better shot than D'Antoni.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

I think they'll gladly take that. Especially if Curry and Durant are locked in.

That's still probably the best way to play the Dubs, unless you have multiple great perimeter defenders and a big that could get out on the perimeter like the Celtics. Durant is going to eat, but he's going to eat regardless. Curry would still prefer to get more shots off behind the three point line than the mid range, but obviously he will take it if that is what is given to him.

Either way, today was probably the worst thing you could do. Harden shows this type of effort on the defensive end, and it will be a sweep with every Dubs win being by 10+. 

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I wonder what kind of changes the Rockets make defensively next game. Trapping Durant/Curry is probably the easiest solution and leaving Iggy/Looney/Dray open at the top of the key. By switching everything, they allowed the Dubs to get whatever mismatch they wanted and go to work from there. Bad defensive game plan by D'antoni. 

Never been D'antoni's stong suit lol.

I don't think the Rockets have an answer for the Warriors. Their only chance is to just not guard Iguodala at all and double team Curry and Durant...especially Durant in the post.

The Rockets isolation ball is not a recipe for success against the Warriors. They have a good plan to attack Curry, but the Warriors other defenders are helping him out.

It’s funny how th warriors have 2 rings in 3 years, 4 possible HOFers and maybe the best team ever and because the rockets can’t  beat them they must have a flawed system or flawed players. 

The rockets are not just a good team, they are a great team. In some years they could have won a championship. But let’s not act like getting beat down by the warriors somehow proves they are fakes or something. 

Rockets wouldn't be able to run the type of offense the Warriors run. Both their star players need the ball in their hands and can't operate as well off the ball. Durant/Curry are the rare superstars that could drop 30+ without dominating the ball. They are more pure shooters obviously. I mean it's not like the Cavs with LeBron/Kyrie didn't run a isolation heavy offense and were still lethal offensively. It's fine, just going to be hard against the Dubs who could match your scoring while using far less energy. 

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

They probably would win, but Kerr would give them a better shot than D'Antoni.

Ehh, I dunno. I think D'Antoni has done an amazing job with what he's worked with. Rockets need guys like Green and Iguodala to be more dynamic on offense. They basically have 2 great iso ball handler guys and a lot of finishers. Nobody else is a play maker or can run offense or anything. I dunno what Kerr can do with this team that D'Antoni hasn't.

If D'Antoni had a prime Diaw on this team like he did in Phoenix, this team would be so much better.

4 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

It’s funny how th warriors have 2 rings in 3 years, 4 possible HOFers and maybe the best team ever and because the rockets can’t  beat them they must have a flawed system or flawed players. 

The rockets are not just a good team, they are a great team. In some years they could have won a championship. But let’s not act like getting beat down by the warriors somehow proves they are fakes or something. 

I don't think the Rockets are a great team if compared to other great teams of years past. They're a good team that looks great in a watered down league with only one true great team.

11 minutes ago, RaisinBran said:

Let's be honest here...Kyrie Irving will never win MVP.

He would have won this year if he stayed healthy and the Celtics stayed in 1st. But in the future he won’t have Harden to screw out of it so idk if they will give it to him. 

2 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

Ehh, I dunno. I think D'Antoni has done an amazing job with what he's worked with. Rockets need guys like Green and Iguodala to be more dynamic on offense. They basically have 2 great iso ball handler guys and a lot of finishers. Nobody else is a play maker or can run offense or anything. I dunno what Kerr can do with this team that D'Antoni hasn't.

If D'Antoni had a prime Diaw on this team like he did in Phoenix, this team would be so much better.

I think Warriors still win, but Green would help that team A LOT. A lot of what they're missing he adds.

Archived