WCF: Warriors vs Rockets Thread- The Real NBA Finals

Texansfan713

2 hours ago, Mossburg said:

I don't think the Rockets are a great team if compared to other great teams of years past. They're a good team that looks great in a watered down league with only one true great team.

You’re comparing teams around the league to arguably the greatest team ever. Very few teams in history can have a hold for that mantle. It’s like me saying during MJs championship years, there was only truly one great team. Or during the Celtics-Lakers rivalry. This is a myth.

3 hours ago, Mossburg said:

I don't think the Rockets are a great team if compared to other great teams of years past. They're a good team that looks great in a watered down league with only one true great team.

I agree.  This Rockets team isn't on par with the Warriors, the Heat with LeBron, The Duncan Spurs teams, the Kobe/Shaq Lakers, the Pierce/KG/Allen Celtics, etc.  This team would get destroyed by the Larry Brown Pistons as well.  

33 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

You’re comparing teams around the league to arguably the greatest team ever. Very few teams in history can have a hold for that mantle. It’s like me saying during MJs championship years, there was only truly one great team. Or during the Celtics-Lakers rivalry. This is a myth.

Think about it.  Outside of the Warriors right now, the league is pretty deep with quality teams, but there aren't any truly great teams.  Honestly, a healthy Celtics team is the second best team in basketball and that team is really good, but it's not a real great team like some of the teams we have had over the past 20 years.  This current Warriors team is up there with some of the best teams ever, but there's a pretty massive gap between them and everyone else.

And if you look at the Rockets, who I feel are a really good team, as the second best team in the league then that should tell you that the league is filled with a bunch of good teams and no actual great teams (outside of the Warriors).

7 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:
7 hours ago, Darkness said:

Stole home court in game 1 with Curry playing like ish and Harden going off. lol Nice knowing you Texanfan ?

Let him live.… 

He's gonna welch. We had the same thing happen when Tom Herman left Houston for Texas.

5 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

its not dumb.  if we lose game 2 then i'll lose faith but its just 1 damn game. 

You just lost a game at home by 13 where Draymond was an idiot, Steph made 1 3 all game, and Harden went for 40 on 14-24 shooting. At some point, they're gonna beat you by 30.

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You just lost a game at home by 13 where Draymond was an idiot, Steph made 1 3 all game, and Harden went for 40 on 14-24 shooting. At some point, they're gonna beat you by 30.

Yep. Everyone but Rockets fans saw this coming. The NBA has a lot of parity right now, with the exception of the top 3-4 teams nobody else is that great. The Rockets ain't close to the Warriors level, this will be over in 5.

I feel like this was worst case scenario for Houston, and that's actually not in just the result of a Game 1 loss. It's how they lost it. It was at home, Harden went for over 40, Steph and Dray were held in check...that's about best case scenario for Houston and they still lost by double digits.

The Warriors are going to roll through everyone as long as their core remains intact. 

I do see some silver lining here for Houston..Ariza was in foul trouble and only played 23 min, Tucker and Moute combined for 0/9, and maybe they can get a little better play out of Paul.

Even then, Curry didn’t play well either and they still lost by 13 so this still isn’t gonna be close.

I’ve said it many times and I’ll say it again, Durant has ruined the league. It’s not fun to watch when you already know what’s going to happen. Straight up coward.

18 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Yep. Everyone but Rockets fans saw this coming. The NBA has a lot of parity right now, with the exception of the top 3-4 teams nobody else is that great. The Rockets ain't close to the Warriors level, this will be over in 5.

Yeah at best it's a Gentleman's Sweep. Honestly this could be a LeBron-Toronto situation where the hope is just destroyed.

6 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

I do see some silver lining here for Houston..Ariza was in foul trouble and only played 23 min, Tucker and Moute combined for 0/9, and maybe they can get a little better play out of Paul.

Even then, Curry didn’t play well either and they still lost by 13 so this still isn’t gonna be close.

I’ve said it many times and I’ll say it again, Durant has ruined the league. It’s not fun to watch when you already know what’s going to happen. Straight up coward.

Yep. I hope KD was serious when he talked about not taking another pay cut. The thing is without KD the Warriors can absolutely be beaten, especially if KD went to a team like Portland/New Orleans or paired up with Lebron somewhere. He can still win and get paid. Going to the Warriors was just SOOOOOOFFFFFFFTTTTTTTT.

Just now, Texansfan713 said:

nice logic

I mean... its 100% true. Harden had an all world game, Curry and Klay were held in check, Draymond got a quick T and the Rockets STILL lost by 13 at home. I think the Rockets can squeeze a game out at some point but they just aren't on par with this Warriors team. No one is.

Celtics or Cavs will both get swept and lose by double digits in every game in the Finals. This is arguably the best team of all time we're talking about.

Archived