ECF: Boston vs Cleveland, the actual NBA finals

Troy Brown

Eastern Conference Champions  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Eastern Conference?

• Celtics
    • Cavaliers

10 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Kyrie has always struggled to stay healthy. I'd have a hard time trusting him, as fun as he is to watch.

Yah but Anthony Davis is also injury prone. 2018 has been the best stretch of his career IMO but it is also the most recent. Lately it may seem like Davis is much healthier than Irving, obviously, but in general I have concerns with both of their availability.

Game 1 Lineup Predictions:

C's

PG Terry Rozier/Shane Larkin

SG Jayson Tatum/Marcus Smart

SF Marcus Morris/Jaylen Brown/Abdel Nader

PF Al Horford/Semi Ojeleye/Guerschon Yabusele

C Aron Baynes/Greg Monroe

Cavs

PG George Hill/Jordan Clarkson/Jose Calderon

SG J.R. Smith/Kyle Korver

SF LeBron James/Jeff Green/Rodney Hood

PF Kevin Love/Larry Nance Jr.

C Tristan Thompson/Kendric Perkins

I don't see it that way. Either Stevens goes with Rozier/Brown/Tatum/Horford/Baynes or Rozier/Brown/Tatum/Morris/Horford. 

And Cavs will almost surely not go with TT at C. At least not to start the series. Cavs probably stick with their usual starting five and make adjustments if needed. 

"Personally, I think I'm probably the best guy defending him in the league, outside of Kawhi]," said Morris.

Statistically I think it is close to the truth (at least prior to this season) but now I think Bron is just gonna demolish him for saying this.

I don't care that he said it or not, but he has the best chance of slowing LeBron down from any Celtics defender. He has the size and strength to make it harder for him in the post and won't get bullied going to the rim. Now, similar things were said about OG before the last series but I feel like the Raptors switched far too easily. He should have fought over the screens and stayed with LeBron a lot more than he did, similar to how Kawhi does it. 

Anyways, has anyone watched Kobe's detail series? It's great and he just did one on LeBron. Basically said LeBron needs to fight more low block position more and not let the Celtics off the hook and keep punishing them until they make some adjustments. Kobe showed so many clips where LeBron had great positioning but just let it go for no reason and it led to some misses when all the work was already done and he just had to go up if he stood his ground. Also showed just how well the Celtics rotate and fly around the court on the defensive end. 

Mitchell saw the detail series on him, I wonder if LeBron does before tomorrow lol. 

6 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Marcus Morris needs to chill out lmao. He’s defended regular season Lebron when he couldn’t care less and Lebron still did what he wanted. I hope to god they actually buy into that crap. More Morris less brown and Tatum. 

He's actually been more effective against LeBron in the playoffs.

35 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I think the only time they have played in the playoffs is in a series where the Cavs swept Detroit, right?

Yep. And LeBron played well below his typical self in terms of scoring and efficiency.

Celtics rotation on the defensive end has been on point. They cover so much ground as they are able to help and still close out. Cavs should think of running some two man game with Hill/Bron and put Love in the corner to get Horford out of the paint. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Celtics rotation on the defensive end has been on point. They cover so much ground as they are able to help and still close out. Cavs should think of running some two man game with Hill/Bron and put Love in the corner to get Horford out of the paint. 

This^ plus the fact that can switch off and have similar and good defenders will make this a tough series IMO.

Archived