ECF: Boston vs Cleveland, the actual NBA finals

Troy Brown

Eastern Conference Champions  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Eastern Conference?

• Celtics
    • Cavaliers

Just for the record, I would want Semi to start, over Morris. Semi is strong AF, but doesn't need the ball. Morris is better coming off the bench as a scorer. Let Semi beat the shet out of Lebron and take a shot or 2. Morris will take the ball movement away from JB and Tatum. When the youngster get off to a good start they usually play much better. 

Smart, Morris and Baynes off the bench is not too bad. 

Want an outsiders/non Celtics fan perspective on this.

If you were Danny Ainge how would you handle the Rozier and Smart situation this off-season. Smart is a FA, but a crucial piece of this Celtics team. It's hard to quantify how important he is to their success. Do you sell high on Rozier and pay Smart? Do you keep Rozier with Kyrie's injury concerns?

48 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

If you were Danny Ainge how would you handle the Rozier and Smart situation this off-season. Smart is a FA, but a crucial piece of this Celtics team. It's hard to quantify how important he is to their success. Do you sell high on Rozier and pay Smart? Do you keep Rozier with Kyrie's injury concerns?

sign rozier. Trade Kyrie and picks for AD. Dead serious

1 hour ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

The Celtics have to sign smart. As long as it’s not over like 15M a year. Not just because he’s a good player but because they have no assets to match in trades. They have either all max players or all rookie deal players and a few MLEs mixed in. So if they want to make trades they’re going to need someone who makes enough to match in trades. 

Rozier isnt a FA until next year absolutely no reason at all to make a move this year unless you can get kawhi or AD for kyrie straight up. 

3 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

You keep Rozier and let Smart walk. And like you said, Kyrie has had injury problems dating back to college, so you need someone like Rozier who could step in and have little drop off when Kyrie isn't in the line up. But what kind of contract does Rozier get after next season? Does any team throw crazy money at him forcing the Celtics in a tough decision? Or they match any offer given to him

5 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Rozier is more consistent defensively but Irving was just as good before the knee condition resurfaced.

4 hours ago, nugpimpen said:

sign rozier. Trade Kyrie and picks for AD. Dead serious

I'm not against it but I wouldn't really want to do this either. Although I think Davis is better individually I don't think Kyrie and those players picked are worse for the Celtics overall.

13 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Okay I'm not an outsider but the truth is Danny Ainge will probably explore all the options for both smart and Rozier and whatever fits best fits best I don't think you can pre-plan any decisions at this point

But something that I would like to consider is trading Rozier and maybe our 27th pick to move up into that top 10 area and get one of those outstanding young centers. Boston needs one of those guys because Horford is not getting any younger and Baynes isn't the answer to beat Golden State.

9 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Rozier is more consistent defensively but Irving was just as good before the knee condition resurfaced.

I'm not against it but I wouldn't really want to do this either. Although I think Davis is better individually I don't think Kyrie and those players picked are worse for the Celtics overall.

Kyrie has always struggled to stay healthy. I'd have a hard time trusting him, as fun as he is to watch.

3 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

But something that I would like to consider is trading Rozier and maybe our 27th pick to move up into that top 10 area and get one of those outstanding young centers. Boston needs one of those guys because Horford is not getting any younger and Baynes isn't the answer to beat Golden State.

Rozier and 27 will not get you close to the top 10.

Archived