USMC's "Dirty Dozen" Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

USMC_PackFan

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

I don’t think we’ve had very strict deadlines in the past (at least in the years I’ve played in the league). Stuff happens...I get that. But I think that it’s a disservice to the other league members if you are dragging. I’m excited to get the draft started but I’m also excited to get it over so that I don’t have to frequently troll this forum. I want to move on with my life and people not getting their picks in delay that process. 

I get that, but in all fairness if a GM isn't checking the forum that frequently (just for that reason (life)) He may not even know the draft was going to start so early. If he had his keepers set. The LM could have taken it, he was ready to go??

A few years ago we had a GM pass-away in another league, that took awhile to figure that out......unfortunately crap happens to all of us outside of FF, good & bad. I know it's not fun waiting, but  I'd let it play out if we don't have strict rules.....it is the first Rd, every 1st Rd pk is very important to every team.  If we need to replace him so be it.   

Edited by WE-R-Lions

I will give him some more time.  I'm sure we can all understand about life getting in the way of other things sometimes.  However if it comes down to it, I'll find a replacement for him.  Definitely don't want to skip him for obvious reasons.

*although the selfish side of me wants to skip him so I can make my pick* :D

Edited by USMC_PackFan

1 hour ago, WE-R-Lions said:

I get that, but in all fairness if a GM isn't checking the forum that frequently (just for that reason (life)) He may not even know the draft was going to start so early. If he had his keepers set. The LM could have taken it, he was ready to go??

A few years ago we had a GM pass-away in another league, that took awhile to figure that out......unfortunately crap happens to all of us outside of FF, good & bad. I know it's not fun waiting, but  I'd let it play out if we don't have strict rules.....it is the first Rd, every 1st Rd pk is very important to every team.  If we need to replace him so be it.   

I don’t care which way we do it...just making a counter argument for why it’s considerate to get your pick in on time. Personally...if life happened to me...I’d expect to be skipped. 

5 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Why don’t we just increase the time for the first round to 24hr not including the “dead” period. Then keep the current time limit for rounds 2-6. If the time limit is some arbitrary point, then what’s the point if even having one?

So the longest someone would be OTC could be from 8am today to 4pm the next day?

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So the longest someone would be OTC could be from 8am today to 4pm the next day?

I don't know...I guess it's reasonable if the argument is that one day is not enough time to get your pick in. There really aren't many excuses other than complacency after two days. I have guys who are deployed overseas who somehow manage to not miss picks. I have physicians who are on call in the hospital who don't miss picks. I suppose that there are RARE situations that require you to miss a pick...but in a twelve person league, that shouldn't happen more than once in a draft (at most). And it's not like you don't get to pick...you just get skipped. Hopefully the lesson is learned...and if it was indeed one of those rare occasions that required you to be skipped...I'm sure it was important enough to not be too upset about being picked. Just my opinion.

BTW...I hope SoS is ok. We were chatting quit a bit on June 5...and that is the last time that he has read my message. It may have been a week since he's been on this site last. I'd have to look to see when USMC set the draft date...but the guy may not even know that the draft is going on.

On 6/7/2018 at 5:36 PM, USMC_PackFan said:

NOTE:

The draft will kickoff on Monday (June 11th)

That gives us exactly a week since the keeper lock date.

@honolulu2786, @JaguarCrazy2832, @The Gnat, @Canadian_Patriot, @SoS, @sammymvpknight, @Oregon Ducks, @Sllim Pickens, @Hockey5djh, @WE-R-Lions, @chisoxguy7

I posted the above on Thursday the 7th of June. @SoS last login was on Friday the 8th.

The other one I'm worried about is @Canadian_Patriot who hasn't logged in since May 25th.

3 hours ago, WE-R-Lions said:

I'm the new guy here, where do I find the time limit for drafting?

My bad dude, didn't see this question until now or would have answered sooner.  Normally I like to start with a 24hr clock and then tighten it up thereafter depending if we were pressed for time or not.  However, "dead hours" would not count against you which would be from 12am to 8am (EST).

6 hours ago, USMC_PackFan said:

My bad dude, didn't see this question until now or would have answered sooner.  Normally I like to start with a 24hr clock and then tighten it up thereafter depending if we were pressed for time or not.  However, "dead hours" would not count against you which would be from 12am to 8am (EST).

Thanks!

Has anyone emailed SOS through the ESPN site?

If he's a no show, I'm thinking it would be better for the league to replace him and have the new GM make the pick vs skipping a first Rd pick.

If we skip him in the 1st Rd and then need to replace him with a new GM the new GM would be screwed for something he didn't do.

I don't mind skipping in Rd's 2-6, but Rd one is more critical to each team.

Edited by WE-R-Lions

23 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

I feel like we get in this rush every year....its June 12th. The season doesn't start until early September. I don't see the need to skip anyone over a day when we have 4 MONTHS to make these picks. I think if we send a few PMs, give people a chance to respond and get into the rhythm of the draft and let it sort itself out. If someone takes a week to make a pick I can see the issue but the draft literally started yesterday.

hqdefault.jpg

4 hours ago, WE-R-Lions said:

Thanks!

Has anyone emailed SOS through the ESPN site?

If he's a no show, I'm thinking it would be better for the league to replace him and have the new GM make the pick vs skipping a first Rd pick.

If we skip him in the 1st Rd and then need to replace him with a new GM the new GM would be screwed for something he didn't do.

I don't mind skipping in Rd's 2-6, but Rd one is more critical to each team.

It’s a good thought. I’d hate to see people kicked out of dynasty leagues. Another option would be to just delay the rest of the draft until the two missing owners are accounted for. We have tons of time until the season starts. 

Guys, we're two days into a draft and already starting to talk about replacing guys who have been in the league for years. Lets work on getting a hold of the guys that haven't checked in.

Worst case scenario we can have a 2 hour window (minus 8 "sleeping" hours) and get the whole draft done in 9 days. We have 4 MONTHS, there's literally no rush.

• Like 1