USMC's "Dirty Dozen" Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

USMC_PackFan

2 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I’ll go ahead and assume you think I gave up too much? Let’s unpack. 

Dak was better than Russell last year (in fantasy) after the Cowboys acquired Amari Cooper and still uses his legs whereas Russ has all but abandoned that aspect of his game. TE is a terribly thin position and I’m acquiring a 24 year old who is supposedly on the verge of a breakout (didn’t have a TE on my roster). I see Tarik Cohen’s impact being reduced as the Bears now have 2 capable receiving backs alongside him and generally more mouths to feed. Cordarrelle Patterson should also take away some of his special teams value. 

I’m also really high on D’Onta Foreman this year. Personally think he unseats Lamar Miller and becomes the Texans early down back. 

Not to mention my RBs now go as follows: JMixon, KJohnson, DFreeman, TColeman, DForeman

So I’m confident with what that group gives me without Tarik. 

Yeah, I just don't trust Dak, and Foreman will never be the man IMO as you just don't fully come back from Achilles injuries.  I can understand adding OJ, I liked him coming out and it takes time for TEs to adapt so he is on that verge.  I don't think its a terrible trade, just vastly different opinions on players involved. 

I didn't want to hold things up further. Dont love going with Henderson especially since I already took him in a different league. There are a few RBs without clear cut paths, if Gurley has a problem or is gone in a few years he could be the guy in a high-powered offense. I know I'm not supposed to name other guys so I won't but I think he has the chance to be the guy on a legit offense if something bad happens and we are already worried that something bad happened with Gurley. 

2 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

So I just realized that my last draft pick I made for this league was for another league.  No chance I can do a do over is there.

I'd be open to that, looks like an honest error, I don't know what the rule is for that, but on a fun note: is 1.9 @Bigbear72 - Nick Files / QB / Jaguars a singer??? O.o

Also I'm working on a trade.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

I'd be open to that, looks like an honest error, I don't know what the rule is for that, but on a fun note: is 1.9 @Bigbear72 - Nick Files / QB / Jaguars a singer??? O.o

Also I'm working on a trade.

I drafted Miles Davis earlier...lol.  I'm gonna have the most musically gifted team in fantasy football history!

On 8/2/2019 at 2:20 PM, SaveOurSonics said:

I’ll go ahead and assume you think I gave up too much? Let’s unpack. 

Dak was better than Russell last year (in fantasy) after the Cowboys acquired Amari Cooper and still uses his legs whereas Russ has all but abandoned that aspect of his game. TE is a terribly thin position and I’m acquiring a 24 year old who is supposedly on the verge of a breakout (didn’t have a TE on my roster). I see Tarik Cohen’s impact being reduced as the Bears now have 2 capable receiving backs alongside him and generally more mouths to feed. Cordarrelle Patterson should also take away some of his special teams value. 

I’m also really high on D’Onta Foreman this year. Personally think he unseats Lamar Miller and becomes the Texans early down back. 

Not to mention my RBs now go as follows: JMixon, KJohnson, DFreeman, TColeman, DForeman

So I’m confident with what that group gives me without Tarik. 

I guess that Foreman take goes out the window now haha

• Like 1