NFC North 2018 Thread

Heinz D.

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

I've said it a million times but Watson was so overrated as a rookie. The guy had 11 turnovers in 7 games. That's 25 over the course of a full season.

But I digress.

He has turnover issues absolutely, which was what I pointed out pre-draft while everyone else was swooning over him. But to be fair, he is a victim of BOB's incompetence as much as Mahomes and Trubisky have been beneficiaries of Reid and Nagy.

1 hour ago, CBears019 said:

Well this thread didn’t age well...

Love how anyone thought Jimmy Graham was an "outstanding" acquisition. The guy had 520 yards in 2017 and was clearly on the rapid decline.

In that thread, he also called Marcedes Lewis "very underrated." The guy hasn't had over 25 catches since 2012.

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Love how anyone thought Jimmy Graham was an "outstanding" acquisition. The guy had 520 yards in 2017 and was clearly on the rapid decline.

In that thread, he also called Marcedes Lewis "very underrated." The guy hasn't had over 25 catches since 2012.

As a blocker I could agree, but yeah not a great signing. I thought he would be used as the blocking TE (to help the run game) and Graham would be living in the slot to get mismatches. Doesn't seem to be happening though. I mean, St. Brown and the other TE Kendricks have more snaps than he does.

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

As a blocker I could agree, but yeah not a great signing. I thought he would be used as the blocking TE (to help the run game) and Graham would be living in the slot to get mismatches. Doesn't seem to be happening though. I mean, St. Brown and the other TE Kendricks have more snaps than he does.

I don’t think Lewis is “very underrated” as a blocker. I think everyone knows him as a good blocker, so therefore he can’t be underrated.

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I don’t think Lewis is “very underrated” as a blocker. I think everyone knows him as a good blocker, so therefore he can’t be underrated.

His talent isn't, his IMPACT is able to be. McCarthy hasn't used him so it has been an underwhelming use.

3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Not underrated just forgotten. I honestly thought the guy had retired years ago.

44 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Lol, I still remember when Bears beat writers and fans were clamoring for us to draft him. 

Me too. He never really lived up to his draft status outside of one good season.  The TE I wanted way back was Witten (UT fan) and I was so pissed we passed on him. Though the player we drafted instead (Lance Briggs) worked out pretty well. :)

32 minutes ago, Pool said:

Me too. He never really lived up to his draft status outside of one good season.  The TE I wanted way back was Witten (UT fan) and I was so pissed we passed on him. Though the player we drafted instead (Lance Briggs) worked out pretty well. :)

I remember wanting Leonard Pope way back when. thought he was going to be a redzone monster. ¬¬

8 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I remember wanting Leonard Pope way back when. thought he was going to be a redzone monster. ¬¬

I thought the guy from UF was going to be a monster and I think they might have been in the same draft class? Name is escaping me at the moment though. 

*edit* Had to look it up. Ben Troupe. I thought that guy was going to be really good. 

3 minutes ago, Pool said:

I thought the guy from UF was going to be a monster and I think they might have been in the same draft class? Name is escaping me at the moment though. 

Chad Jackson was a WR in that class, but IDK of a TE there.

No real notable TEs until Hernandez in 2009 or 10.

Maybe Troupe? he was a massive disappointment. I ate crow on him bad too. lol

Just now, Sugashane said:

Chad Jackson was a WR in that class, but IDK of a TE there.

No real notable TEs until Hernandez in 2009 or 10.

Maybe Troupe? he was a massive disappointment. I ate crow on him bad too. lol

Yup it was Troupe. I thought that guy was about as much of a lock for an all pro TE as you can get.

Just now, Pool said:

Yup it was Troupe. I thought that guy was about as much of a lock for an all pro TE as you can get.

As did I. Gator goggles were in full blown fanboy mode. Ugh. Looking at some of my notes on my draft classes would be laughable. I'm talking Collinsworth/Rodgers fanboy level bad. Crowder was going to be another Zach Thomas to me. hahaha

Archived