NFC North 2018 Thread

Heinz D.

Just now, beardown3231 said:

If they can get a 4th, I'd be ecstatic.

Ya that be awesome considering they've made good use of those mid round picks before.  Heck, Howard was a 5th rounder so that'd be a win.

Originally I thought that the Nagy led Bears could really use Howard but the more each game passes the more I see how little they utilize him and that they're not an offense built to run the ball like they did in previous years.

Plus, I think the guy deserves an opportunity to play in an offense better suited to his strengths since he will be entering a contract year in 2019.  He's not going to get paid if this keeps up.

4 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Over the next 2 years, the Bears positions of weakness are RB, corner, safety, OT and OG. It’s almost like those aren’t premier positions that are typically found in the mid rounds!

Kirk Cousins was given $84 million guaranteed. #WellRun

You gave Cutler over 100 million dollars after trading away 2 first round picks and a 3rd round pick. You set the bar for what not to with a QB contract. We only have 2 more years with Cousins. We didn't give up any picks either.

4 hours ago, G08 said:

I'd say the Love Boat scandal was worse... or the whizzinator preposterousness.... or getting spanked by the Giants in the playoffs... or Favre throwing a game-clinching INT in a playoff game.

But I digress :) 

All bitter times for the Vikings. Led to where we are today though with a great head coach and brand new facilities.

28 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

You gave Cutler over 100 million dollars after trading away 2 first round picks and a 3rd round pick. You set the bar for what not to with a QB contract. We only have 2 more years with Cousins. We didn't give up any picks either.

That's false. He got $54 million from us out of that contract.

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

And I tell you what, had Jerry Angelo and Phil Emery had those draft picks, they would have made them count! Those Bears teams were a Dan Bazuin and Evan Rodriguez away from contention. The Bears traded Orton, Tebow and Robert Ayers for Cutler. What a bad trade for the Bears, huh? Denver really got the better of the Bears, right?

(For the record, Jay Cutler’s career winning percentage is better than Cousins’ and he’s appeared in more NFC championships, but hey if you think Cousins is worth $30m more guaranteed than Cutler and $59m more guaranteed than the QB that Minnesota had last year that was better than Cousins was last year, that’s your business).

It’s so Vikings to bring up a Bears trade from two regimes ago and an extension from one Bears regime ago. Get a life.

6 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Speaking of mid round draft picks, I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears ship Howard off this off season for another mid round pick.

This makes a lot of sense and is almost certain to happen IMO. Howard does not fit this offense and RB is a very deep position in the NFL. The Bears could really use the extra pick.

40 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

And I tell you what, had Jerry Angelo and Phil Emery had those draft picks, they would have made them count! Those Bears teams were a Dan Bazuin and Evan Rodriguez away from contention. The Bears traded Orton, Tebow and Robert Ayers for Cutler. What a bad trade for the Bears, huh? Denver really got the better of the Bears, right?

(For the record, Jay Cutler’s career winning percentage is better than Cousins’ and he’s appeared in more NFC championships, but hey if you think Cousins is worth $30m more guaranteed than Cutler and $59m more guaranteed than the QB that Minnesota had last year that was better than Cousins was last year, that’s your business).

It’s so Vikings to bring up a Bears trade from two regimes ago and an extension from one Bears regime ago. Get a life.

Dan Bazuin   LMAO  !@  

11 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

The Packers aren't well run. They have a great quarterback. Go ask their fans in their forum if they think they are well run.

A lot of them still think Thompson is some kind of a football god. Don't ask me why. I'd say the Pack are much better off now, though. 

3 hours ago, TENINCH said:

3 hours ago, TENINCH said:

All bitter times for the Vikings. Led to where we are today though with a great head coach and brand new facilities.

I don't want to seem like I'm singling @TENINCH out, as it takes two to tango, but...

edcd28b4840277287d791cb07281e725.gif

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Let's be real. He probably is. 

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

In 2013, Phil Emery drafted Jon Bostic over Travis Kelce, Larry Warford, and Keenan Allen.

Emery was a genius. Nearly as good as Ted Thompson. 

3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Guys, guy, guys, please, we all have a common enemy this weekend, the packers. Let’s be civil.

Archived