NFC North 2018 Thread

Heinz D.

3 hours ago, Pool said:

I'm fairly certain his mother is a snowblower

source.gif

8 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Wow I can't believe you're saying this. Cutler was a turnover machine and wildly inconsistent. He could win you a game and throw for 4 amazing TDs or he would throw 3-4 Ints no problem. He may be more talented than Kirk but no way is he a better QB.

Very true. Odd this conversation is even going on, actually.

7 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Rick is also desperate to win now, which will change his decision making. The Vikings were a QB away (or was the theory at the time).

Ehh...I dunno, dude. Not like the Vikings were the only one after him. Or the only folks who felt the Redskins were making a mistake. 

56 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Rick is also desperate to win now, which will change his decision making. The Vikings were a QB away (or was the theory at the time).

Right, because Keenum’s 3:1 touchdown/interception ratio last year wasn’t good enough.

It’s also pretty puzzling that Spielman’s mindset was that, as if Keenum was the one playing DB in the NFCCG last January.

On 11/24/2018 at 1:00 PM, Heinz D. said:

Doesn't that argument assume that Bruce Allen/whoever is more likely to be right than Rick Spielman?

Not sure that's a very sound assumption...

Yes and no. As Nads said, Vikings were desperate for a QB and Cousins just so happened to be the best one available.

Also for as bad as Bruce Allen has been, I respect Jay Gruden's opinion as an offensive mind moreso than Spielman's and Zimmer's and wouldn't think he'd just let a franchise QB get away considering how hard it is to find those guys.

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

Yes and no. As Nads said, Vikings were desperate for a QB and Cousins just so happened to be the best one available.

Also for as bad as Bruce Allen has been, I respect Jay Gruden's opinion as an offensive mind moreso than Spielman's and Zimmer's and wouldn't think he'd just let a franchise QB get away considering how hard it is to find those guys.

Allen and co. haven't been terrible, really. They've done okay.(Does Doug Williams have the GM title now? I honestly forget.) I think it's safe to say most would prefer to have Spielman, though.

But--as this conversation is about a single move, that's somewhat beside the point. 

So, from your POV, Cousins isn't a franchise guy? 

28 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

I was just saying I think the bears rematch with Seattle in playoffs

That would be weird. A lot of people (including me) had them pegged as a 4-7 win team...

5 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Allen and co. haven't been terrible, really. They've done okay.(Does Doug Williams have the GM title now? I honestly forget.) I think it's safe to say most would prefer to have Spielman, though.

But--as this conversation is about a single move, that's somewhat beside the point. 

So, from your POV, Cousins isn't a franchise guy? 

That would be weird. A lot of people (including me) had them pegged as a 4-7 win team...

No...I still stand by my belief that Cousins is just an average starting QB. He's not great yet he's not bad. I think you can win with him if you have all the right pieces around him but as far as being a difference making player and someone who deserves to be paid $28 mil per year...not even close.

14 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

No...I still stand by my belief that Cousins is just an average starting QB. He's not great yet he's not bad. I think you can win with him if you have all the right pieces around him but as far as being a difference making player and someone who deserves to be paid $28 mil per year...not even close.

And when you say all the right pieces, that includes the OL and the group that the WELL RUN!!!1!1! Vikings have put together is atrocious.

11 hours ago, Nads786 said:

Wow I can't believe you're saying this. Cutler was a turnover machine and wildly inconsistent. He could win you a game and throw for 4 amazing TDs or he would throw 3-4 Ints no problem. He may be more talented than Kirk but no way is he a better QB.

That's why Cutler was so polarizing and a coach killer. There were two sets of people... those who saw what he was and those who saw what he could be. I was in the latter and still think to this day we ruined him by wasting too much time giving him no line or wideouts while he was still developing.

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Down goes Green Bay. They are now 3.5 behind the Bears with 5 games remaining.

Minnesota’s next two games- @ NE, @ SEA

Yeah, I feel good about winning the division after watching parts of this game. Seemed like every time I flipped to it a DB was limping off the field. (Was watching TWD and flipping back during commercials so I didn't see a lot.)

Archived