NFC North 2018 Thread

Heinz D.

On Saints draft pick traded to Packers:

Brees had a single 300 yard game in their final 8 games of last season.  Everybody thinks he got them back to the playoffs.  That's not true.  Drew Brees is getting old.  He knows it, the Saints know it.  Brees just had his lowest passing yardage total since 2005 (he was a Charger).  He just had his lowest TD total since 2003 (his third year as a pro, in which he played in only 11 games).  It is the first time as a Saint in which he threw for under 26 touchdown passes.  He is not capable of being the Drew Brees from three or even two years ago anymore, and the team knows it.  He's not just a SERIOUS injury away from being ineffective, he's getting banged up away from being less effective. 

Then you also have to factor in the fact that 6 of Drew's 12 seasons there, the Saints won less than 9 games. 

-

Saw an analysis that has the Saints #1 at 19.  Sounds just about right to me.  They had a good year.  Doesn't mean they will in 2018.  Difficult  schedule and a lot can happen.  NFC is really tough this year.  They may not even make the playoffs.  Over under is at 8.5 games.  Worst case is they make it to the divisional round and we pick in around 24.  Doubt it tho.  

And now for Khalil Mack posts:

Pages and pages of back and forth of should we or shouldn't we give up two 1's and homoerotica.   Then the Bears get him and they change the name of their thread - lol.

-

From Raider fan just before the trade was announced:  This thread would be hilarious if he went to the division rival Bears.  (Me:  Yes it would).

-

I would like to see Mack traded to the Bears.  By the time they got a QB and team good enough to win a Super Bowl, Mack would be 31.  The Bears would cut him to save money, he'd sign with us and we'd win a Super Bowl without giving up massive draft capital.

The Bears could add prime JJ Watt right now and not be good enough to challenge for a division win.  So what if he sacked Rodgers a few times.  It's not like four sacks a year against us would hurt our chances.  

Bears ain't winning 9 games this year even if they added Mack.

-

Makes them better but still, don't come close to fearing Chicago. Now they are paying out a franchise QB contract and have no 1st round picks for the next 2 years. We're still not done hearing what they gave up apparently. Glad Gute walked.

Mack to a non SB contender didn't make sense to me. (me: o contraire mon frère)

-

If this defense can hold teams under 21 we win this Division Mack or no Mack. (Me: yeah, they can't).

-

The Bears aren't getting anything significant out of Mack in the 7 days they have him before the season starts.  He's missed all of training camp, all of the preseason.  People say he's fit.  Okay, every NFL player could be fit if they sat out the entire preseason.  Being fit is not synonymous with being NFL season fit, or even NFL game fit. 

Their first two games are against the Packers and Seahawks.  Their last four games are against the Rams, Packers, Vikings and Niners.  They also play the Patriots.  With a first year head coach. 

They're out of the big free agent market next year due to signing Mack, and they're out of HUGE draft capital. 

The Bears are not in a position to make this trade.  Teams in position to make this trade are the Saints, Packers, Colts, Patriots, Steelers... Teams with a PROVEN QB and a PROVEN head coach who are USED to having low first round draft capital.  (Me:  LOL - this is Outpost31 - nearly every single thing he writes about regardless of topic turns out wrong - he is hilarious.) 

-

Their secondary is still terrible, won’t matter how great the 7 is if they can’t hold up in the backend. 

-

The risk for Chicago is obvious. They play in what is probably the toughest division right now with 2 teams clearly ahead of them in the present. Not to mention just the landscape of the NFC right now is ridiculous. This deal is Chicago clearly banking on and putting all their chips on the table with regards to Trubisky and Nagy being the real deal. It could blow up in their face and odds are it will, but I can understand why they'd swing for the fences.

-

Me:  Then everyone after trade was announced everyone got details wrong.  Especially Outpost - lol.

-

Me:  Rationalization hits:  

Outside of my fake Gute hate for a second, this really does suck. He really got traded and not a way insane price and in the ******* division..bums me out bros. Time to start drinking.

-

GB fans putting a lot of faith in the "Trubisky sucks" basket.  If Trubisky is anything resembling competent, CHI is a very legit team.

-

Me: But outpost is there to save the day again:

Mack does not suddenly make the Bears a team that's getting to 9 wins.  Lots of you are going to look really really silly in five short months. 

12 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

And now for Khalil Mack posts:

Pages and pages of back and forth of should we or shouldn't we give up two 1's and homoerotica.   Then the Bears get him and they change the name of their thread - lol.

-

From Raider fan just before the trade was announced:  This thread would be hilarious if he went to the division rival Bears.  (Me:  Yes it would).

-

I would like to see Mack traded to the Bears.  By the time they got a QB and team good enough to win a Super Bowl, Mack would be 31.  The Bears would cut him to save money, he'd sign with us and we'd win a Super Bowl without giving up massive draft capital.

The Bears could add prime JJ Watt right now and not be good enough to challenge for a division win.  So what if he sacked Rodgers a few times.  It's not like four sacks a year against us would hurt our chances.  

Bears ain't winning 9 games this year even if they added Mack.

-

Makes them better but still, don't come close to fearing Chicago. Now they are paying out a franchise QB contract and have no 1st round picks for the next 2 years. We're still not done hearing what they gave up apparently. Glad Gute walked.

Mack to a non SB contender didn't make sense to me. (me: o contraire mon frère)

-

If this defense can hold teams under 21 we win this Division Mack or no Mack. (Me: yeah, they can't).

-

The Bears aren't getting anything significant out of Mack in the 7 days they have him before the season starts.  He's missed all of training camp, all of the preseason.  People say he's fit.  Okay, every NFL player could be fit if they sat out the entire preseason.  Being fit is not synonymous with being NFL season fit, or even NFL game fit. 

Their first two games are against the Packers and Seahawks.  Their last four games are against the Rams, Packers, Vikings and Niners.  They also play the Patriots.  With a first year head coach. 

They're out of the big free agent market next year due to signing Mack, and they're out of HUGE draft capital. 

The Bears are not in a position to make this trade.  Teams in position to make this trade are the Saints, Packers, Colts, Patriots, Steelers... Teams with a PROVEN QB and a PROVEN head coach who are USED to having low first round draft capital.  (Me:  LOL - this is Outpost31 - nearly every single thing he writes about regardless of topic turns out wrong - he is hilarious.) 

-

Their secondary is still terrible, won’t matter how great the 7 is if they can’t hold up in the backend. 

-

The risk for Chicago is obvious. They play in what is probably the toughest division right now with 2 teams clearly ahead of them in the present. Not to mention just the landscape of the NFC right now is ridiculous. This deal is Chicago clearly banking on and putting all their chips on the table with regards to Trubisky and Nagy being the real deal. It could blow up in their face and odds are it will, but I can understand why they'd swing for the fences.

-

Me:  Then everyone after trade was announced everyone got details wrong.  Especially Outpost - lol.

-

Me:  Rationalization hits:  

Outside of my fake Gute hate for a second, this really does suck. He really got traded and not a way insane price and in the ******* division..bums me out bros. Time to start drinking.

-

GB fans putting a lot of faith in the "Trubisky sucks" basket.  If Trubisky is anything resembling competent, CHI is a very legit team.

-

Me: But outpost is there to save the day again:

Mack does not suddenly make the Bears a team that's getting to 9 wins.  Lots of you are going to look really really silly in five short months. 

Packer fans are cocky mofo's, until they arent. They need to realize that it is them that is in rebuild mode, not us. They are left with an aging, overpriced QB who is struggling mightily due to a lack of weapons and downright stubbornness. And their defense still sucks, no matter what they want you to believe. Oh, and let's not forget about the infighting going on in GB. Overall, a complete mess of a team. Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you.

Bitty 2.0 9/3/18- “Chicago could win Tampa Bay Miami, Jets and   the Bills. That’s about all I see.”

Gannon12 (1 minute later, quoting Bitty 2.0)- “And that’s still shaky”

BayRaider 9/3/18 (in response to me telling that fan base that the Bears added a lot of weapons)- “Lol. Robinson amd Burton are average at best.”

(side note, yes, he spelled it “amd”)

NYRaider 9/19/18- “In order for the Bears to have the 20th pick they would have to finish around 9-7. I just don’t see it. Their defense is definitely great but they beat one of the worst teams in football yesterday, the Seahawks are garbage now and their OL is terrible. The Bears will be one of the worst offensive teams in football this year with Mitchell Trubisky at quarterback.”

(side note, he was also wrong about the Seahawks being garbage)

BayRaider 10/7/18 (in response to a topic about draft order when someone said the Bears are going to the playoffs and that pick will be in the 20’s)- “No they’re not.”

Walterfootball when the Bears drafted Cohen:

Chicago Bears: Tarik Cohen, RB, North Carolina A&T: FLY, KIELBASA, FLY MILLEN Grade The Bears had an awful draft heading into day 3, and that has continued, apparently. Tarik Cohen was a late-round prospect at best, and I had him as a UDFA. Cohen is a very, very poor man’s Darren Sproles, but may not make the roster. I’m not sure what Chicago is doing.

(side note, what in the ****ing **** is “fly kielbasa fly millen”)

The best was the meme, I think created by that know-it-all loser Packers fan Aaron Nagler, after the week 1 loss that had pictures of Robinson, Fuller and Mack that listed their contract amounts and then on the other side had Gutekunst smiling that said something to the effect of “An offseason where we forced a rival to spend $239 million.”

Thanks for “forcing” the Bears a good WR, pro bowl CB and all pro OLB, idiots!

2 hours ago, yomyyo said:

These are awesome and really gratifying, but they're also understandable. The Bears have sucked for a long time. Nevertheless, suck it, Packers!

No, not really.

Not unless they're coming from people who know next to nothing about football, anyway...

Archived