Tennis Thread

DoleINGout

Just now, agarcia34 said:

He’s not always liked but his play makes you respect his game if you don’t like him. 

I love him on the court. Love that he shows nothing but respect to Rafa and Roger.

His off-court stuff over the last 18 months (his dad's big mouth doesn't help either) has made him tougher to like though.

On 7/11/2021 at 10:40 AM, seminoles1 said:

Oh yeah. I think he ends up with a minimum of 23 (don't think he'll approach 30 like that one guy thinks, especially with how the 25 and under group has shown up the last couple Slams) and he already has most of the other records needed.

I'm just saying to do all of what I posted in 1 season would be absolutely god-like, and he's 3/5 of the way there.

the olympics are just a trivia fact, if he does it great if not, whatever. Its all about the us open.
He´s already at 20, if he wins the u.s. open he would be a favorite at three majors next year. It would take years for a man that won 4 majors in a year to not be a threat to every major. i think its pretty much impossible for him not to break 25. 30 sounds insane to anyone ive told, but i believe he can do it, people wouldve laughed at federers 20 some decades ago.

2021: 3/4 majors = 20/21

2022: 2/3 majors = 22/24

2023: 2/3 majors = 24/27

2024: 1/2 majors = 25/29

2025: 0/1 Majors = 25/30

2026: 0/1 Majors = 25/31

I dont see him slowing down anytime soon, Technique, fitness, consistency, mental game, drive, its all there.
He already owns every record that matters, he just wants to smash them completely. Djokovic has been the greatest for a while now, but now people can finally wrap their head around it.
The young guys raise their game when they play the big 3, remember last years awful USO final?

my favorite players are Federer, Thiem and Khachanov, but greatness has to be admired.

Edited by ifeelasleep

On 7/22/2021 at 5:45 PM, agarcia34 said:

Put a couple of benjamins on Medvedev to win gold. On this surface he can go toe to toe with Novak in the finals. 

the draw is "easy" for him until the semis, but im not sure id take him over Tsitsipas right now, its a pretty risky bet. 

1 minute ago, ifeelasleep said:

the draw is "easy" for him until the semis, but im not sure id take him over Tsitsipas right now, its a pretty risky bet. 

Med got past maybe his toughest opponent last night until the finals in Bublik. I don’t consider Tsitsipas a threat to Med cause this is a hard court and from last night it looked like a very slow hard court which will only give Med more a an advantage. Med literally own Tsitsipas on hard courts. 

Never know how the heat will play into things, but Med road to the finals is easy. 

the stats back you on him owning him on hard courts but the sample size is still small, tsitsipas got to a final on the slowest surface, hes playing at his best level it will be a test for medvedev. Still think djokovic loses maybe one or 2 sets the whole tournament.