Tennis Thread

DoleINGout

Not Djokovic's best tournament, but he won't be complaining. Really feel for Tsitsipas. Giving up a 2 set lead in a GS final has crippled others going forward.

Another notch in his GOAT belt: only 1 of the 3 to win every GS at least 2x. Nadal still needs another AO, which is technically possible, but Federer won't have that in his corner because he will not win another FO.

Novak is a monster, the mentally strongest athlete i've ever seen. He was already the best of all time for me but if he wins the grand slam this year we can finally put that argument to rest, and people can learn to enjoy their favorite player without arguing hes the greatest. 
Think he might end up with 25-30 slams and every other possible record.

i think its possible, hes at 19, he's 34, i honestly believe he can keep playing at the highest level until forty, Federer is still in the top 10 and still a threat to anyone but novak right now. Thats 6 calendar years left in addition to this one where he might win all 4. As Rafa and Roger trend downward Novak is maintaining his level. The young guns still havent broken through and i dont see any one of them dominating the tour like the big 3.

if by the end of 2021 he has 21 at 34 years old would you say its impossible? after everything he has done, id take those odds. I think next year and the year after that he wins 2-3 majors, his consistency is unmatched. His style of play is impeccable and it doesnt depend on just blasting the ball, just no wasted effort or extra frills, just efficiency to the max.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Oof, Tsitsipas with a real stinker. I know Wimbledon is his worst Slam, but hard not to think the huge disappointment of blowing the FO Final had something to do with the opening round loss here.

He skipped all grass tournaments leading up to Wimbledon and like u said grass ain’t his friend. Looked uncomfortable and my biggest issue with Tsitsipas is his return of serve which was awful and really cost him