Tennis Thread

DoleINGout

2 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Nadal vs Alcaraz will be must see TV.

Alcaraz looks like the next big thing.

Every time I see dude's name, I think to myself "there's no way that kid is named after a prison" and then feel like a total dumbass when I properly read it.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Every time I see dude's name, I think to myself "there's no way that kid is named after a prison" and then feel like a total dumbass when I properly read it.

Lol the kid is so good and only 18. 

Has taken out McDonald, RBA, Monfils and Norrie all in straight sets this week.

Rafa wrecked him on clay last year but I think it goes 3 sets tomorrow.

This will be the next great Spainard.

Edited by KhanYouDigIt
  • Like 1

Some tough lessons for the young kid to learn but it will benefit him in the long run. His rise the past 12 months has been really crazy. His game has translated so well to the hard court. 

Wonder if Rafa will take off the Miami Open and just get ready for the Clay season. 

14 hours ago, SotanKing said:

Alcaraz is just insanely talented. Most exciting talent I have seen in Men's tennis since Federer. Unlike Federer, Alcaraz doesn't seem to be a late bloomer. Already in top15 at 18 is very impressive despite covid freeze rankings

104 MPH forehand yesterday 😬

Iga with back to back Masters titles. She seems to be taking a big leap this year.

Also good to see Fritz finally win a big title. It's been ages since an American men's player won Indian Wells. This current young generation of American Men's players is definitely much more exciting the Isner generation who were mostly boring to watch. Both Fritz and Nadal weren't at full fitness in the final, both looked hampered

Edited by SotanKing
  • Like 1

fritz is alright, im happy he won a masters its a great achievement, beating nadal too, but i wouldnt say hes exciting to watch. another 90% serve player. The americans are still pretty lackluster Fritz and Opelka the top 2 americans, i prefered isner to both.

iga is my favorite wta player, she has a great game, 13 for 14 in finals matches or something like that. She is looking very fit and focused, definitely the favorite for RG and The U.S.O in this form.

2 hours ago, ifeelasleep said:

fritz is alright, im happy he won a masters its a great achievement, beating nadal too, but i wouldnt say hes exciting to watch. another 90% serve player. The americans are still pretty lackluster Fritz and Opelka the top 2 americans, i prefered isner to both.

iga is my favorite wta player, she has a great game, 13 for 14 in finals matches or something like that. She is looking very fit and focused, definitely the favorite for RG and The U.S.O in this form.

Fritz isn't total servebot though. His baseline game is ok. Brooksby is another interesting American youngster. His style is almost contrasting when you compare it with typical American Men's player. Has a poor serve but a very interesting baseline game. 

12 minutes ago, SotanKing said:

Fritz isn't total servebot though. His baseline game is ok. Brooksby is another interesting American youngster. His style is almost contrasting when you compare it with typical American Men's player. Has a poor serve but a very interesting baseline game. 

i liken fritz to a lite version of cilic, not one dimensional but hes still a power player. hes still young enough to continue to improve and be a consistent top 10-20 player. 
I like Brooksby too, he has only recently put up results so its more of a wait and see with him.