Assassins Creed Odyssey

Ty21

2 hours ago, carrolljcmc said:

I thought they said it was supposed to be the Viking era or the Samurai era?  Not a fan of ancient Greece setting either.

Well that's kinda just what the fans wanted 

So long as there aren't guns, it's fine by me. Anything in those settings has been done far too many times. I don't mind the Greek setting at all. I'd also like to see the Samurai and Viking settings at some point. I think I'm going to pick up Origins some point soon. I haven't really played this series much since the conclusion of the Ezio trilogy.

18 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

I'm confused as to why this was leaked ahead of E3, same with KH3 before last year's E3. Smaller-scale games like Team Sonic Racing, I can understand, but high-profile AAA games like AC?

There are a few reasons I can think of. There is a thing called Judges' Week where some journalists get a sneak peek and things might just leak. Also, companies might want to announce more obvious choices in hopes of drawing people to watch the conference. Lastly, if there is REALLY big news coming out, they may want to get some early hype because E3 will be buzzing about the big thing rather than their games. As an example, let's say Fallout 76 is a smaller game, maybe they will announce a new Elder Scrolls and 76 will be swept under the table.

3 minutes ago, HighHopes said:

There are a few reasons I can think of. There is a thing called Judges' Week where some journalists get a sneak peek and things might just leak. Also, companies might want to announce more obvious choices in hopes of drawing people to watch the conference. Lastly, if there is REALLY big news coming out, they may want to get some early hype because E3 will be buzzing about the big thing rather than their games. As an example, let's say Fallout 76 is a smaller game, maybe they will announce a new Elder Scrolls and 76 will be swept under the table.

Don't you go giving me High Hopes up when I know that isn't gonna happen.

5 minutes ago, HighHopes said:

This is the guy who's the forum moderator? Oh boyo.

2 hours ago, HighHopes said:

How dare you get people thinking about the possibility of this scenario.

Origins was a great game, but it actually may be have been too much, if that makes any sense at all. It was really fun and there was a lot to do, so I spent a tone of time with it...which means that I'm not all that interested in doing it all again in Ancient Greece so soon after the previous game. This series really needs to be every other year. 

Archived