Is Larry Fitzgerald Still A Top 12 WR Talent Wise?

the lone star

30 members have voted

1. 1. Is Larry Fitzgerald Still A Top 12 WR Talent Wise?

I ask because somebody listed out prototypical #1 WRs in the Gallup thread I think, but I don't think I saw Fitz listed there. IIRC, here's the list of who all was there.

AB
Julio
OBJ
Demariyus
AJ Green
Hopkins
Mike Evans

I'm probably missing someone since I'm blanking a little, but that's not a bad list at all.

Beyond the ones you listed, I'd rather have these WRs for 2017:

Keenan Allen
Michael Thomas
Tyreek Hill

These guys are close but I could understand someone taking Fitz over them:

Stefon Diggs
JuJu Smith-Schuster
TY Hilton
Davante Adams

38 minutes ago, the lone star said:

AB
Julio
OBJ
Demariyus
AJ Green
Hopkins
Mike Evans

Wait...wait. Demairyus Thomas? Top 5?

I know this isn't the reason you posted this list, but Thomas might be outside the top 15. I'd take Fitz over him. Hell, I'd take his teammate Emmanuel Sanders over him.

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

He's no Hopkins, but with even top 20 QB play I could see Thomas breaching 1200+ yards again.

I'd actually lean that towards Sanders over Thomas. Thomas is a compiler from what I've seen - disappears for 4-5 games, then put up two bills and a few scores, then disappears again. Really lacks consistency, and this goes back a few years.

Could be wrong, but I have him in the 10-15 range. Definitely behind guys like Hopkins, Thomas, Green, Odell, Evans, Allen, Fitz...maybe on par with guys like Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Adam Thelien...

10 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Mr. Gordon's name isn't mentioned enough in these top 10 WR threads. He's been an afterthought because of his own stupidity and hilariously terrible QB play, but there is no question he's one of the most talented 10 WR's in the league.

He's an afterthought because he only managed to convert 40% of his targets into receptions last year, and has had one outstanding season 4 years ago.

3 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Image result for josh gordon jacked shrugs

Mr. Gordon's name isn't mentioned enough in these top 10 WR threads. He's been an afterthought because of his own stupidity and hilariously terrible QB play, but there is no question he's one of the most talented 10 WR's in the league.

Josh Gordon can wake up a night after a bender...take a poop...a put up 100 yards and a TD or two. The guy's insane. He's probably the most talented WR in the NFL...it's just a matter if his heads is in the game.

He's an afterthought because he only managed to convert 40% of his targets into receptions last year, and has had one outstanding season 4 years ago.

100% of his targets were coming from the worst QB in the NFL last season. 

7 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

100% of his targets were coming from the worst QB in the NFL last season. 

Now do DeAndre Hopkins, Demaryius Thomas, TY Hilton, etc.

Over the past 4 NFL seasons Gordon has put up 650 yards receiving. Regardless of the circumstances (some of his own making), he doesn't belong in a top 12/15 list.

Now do DeAndre Hopkins, Demaryius Thomas, TY Hilton, etc.

Over the past 4 NFL seasons Gordon has put up 650 yards receiving. Regardless of the circumstances (some of his own making), he doesn't belong in a top 12/15 list.

The thread is talent-wise, not production wise. Gordon is an animal. Arguably the most naturally gifted athlete mentioned so far. 

4 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

The thread is talent-wise, not production wise. Gordon is an animal. Arguably the most naturally gifted athlete mentioned so far. 

Talent is more than physical gifts but fair enough.

Archived