Supplemental Draft

moretti19

On 6/7/2018 at 5:27 PM, fattlipp said:

We could probably get Bryant for a 4th.

Beal might go for a 2nd but Adonis Alexander and Brandon Bryant probably 3rd-4th's

I'd be shocked if those were the round numbers selected.

Beal might go 3-4, adonis and bryant 5-6 IMO. Teams traditionally are not crazy for Supplemental draft players. 

35 minutes ago, blankman0021 said:

Teams traditionally are not crazy for Supplemental draft players. 

Specifically this is because you basically are down a year for development- a guy you took in the supplemental draft misses the whole minicamp "install and learn the playbook" part of the year but the rookie year during which he sits on the bench and occupies a roster spot still counts towards the four years in which a guy is really cheap.

I’d say the guys in the supplemental draft typically go a round or 2 later than what they are mocked from there physicals in the hypothetical “if that guy stayed I’d put him here in the draft next year.” There is the development issue being behind in camp. Then there is the fact, if you are in this you have a red flag (usually in trouble with your college, grades/discipline). Just think in the normal draft guys fall a round or 2 because of character 

3 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I just want us to claim someone so I can have unrealistic expectations for them and be disappointed when they aren't that good. 

It’d sure be a large roster shake-up at CB if we took a guy like Beal who could come in and play snaps. 

On 6/27/2018 at 4:04 PM, blankman0021 said:

I'd be shocked if those were the round numbers selected.

Beal might go 3-4, adonis and bryant 5-6 IMO. Teams traditionally are not crazy for Supplemental draft players. 

But... I’d take 1-2 with those picks. They are good. I mean, guys who could be 2nd or even a late 1st next year in the 4-6th round seems worth the wait. 

43 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

I wouldn't be against putting a second towards Beal. We have an extra first next year after all and you can never have enough talented corners. 

That is a lot of draft capital invested in one position in just a couple years.

11 hours ago, Lodestar said:

That is a lot of draft capital invested in one position in just a couple years.

I agree, but sometimes you gave to admit failure. We have an extra first which is like 2 seconds. If this guy is a top 10 talent that we can get with a second (should be a later second next year) it would be worth it (I think a third would be better to bid, but I bet he goes with a 2)

Archived