2018 FIFA World Cup Group A & Group B

LeeEvans

Just now, The Hitch said:

I think it did lead to them being knocked out. Uruguay are way better than Russia. 

But is Uruguay better than Portugal? I don't think so. I still think the win the next game. The issue is what the rest of the brackets will look like and they are likely in a far more difficult one.

Just now, The Hitch said:

I think it did lead to them being knocked out. Uruguay are way better than Russia. 

Reckon Ronaldo should have scored his PK then. I would be furious if I was a Portugese fan but I think this group ended just about perfectly based on all the teams performance and if any team feels they were unlucky it should really be Morocco. 

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

But is Uruguay better than Portugal? I don't think so. I still think the win the next game. The issue is what the rest of the brackets will look like and they are likely in a far more difficult one.

I think Uruguay are at least as strong as Portugal. They sort of sleepwalked through the first two matches but Suarez and Cavani against Pepe and Fonte is definitely in the favor of Uruguay. Godin and Giminez against Ronaldo should be interesting and will be his biggest challenge so far this tournament. 

12 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Reckon Ronaldo should have scored his PK then. I would be furious if I was a Portugese fan but I think this group ended just about perfectly based on all the teams performance and if any team feels they were unlucky it should really be Morocco. 

Oh no doubt ronaldo should have scored his goal. If I were Portugal my priority would have been to score a second goal not defend a 1-0 like they did. Still I think Spain are by far the best team in the group and wanted to see the favourites knock each other around in the playoffs. Really hope we don't get a top top team get a walk to the final. 

5 minutes ago, ninerfanwheelz said:

What an embarrassing showing in the group stage. BRING BACK JULEN

I think that is a bit harsh. There have certainly been so areas that have been poor, particularly defensively, but those are more mistakes than poor overall performances IMO. I think Spain were great going forward today and both goals were very good in my opinion. They'll definitely need to improve going further but I think Spain can go into the next round and beyond pretty confident. Morocco are good side they played Iran and Portugal off the pitch and showed their quality against Spain. 

I think Portugal can take Uruguay. They're a pretty slow paced team. I could see Portugal catching them napping. 

1) Ronaldo's free kick in the first half was a handball.

2) Iran didn't deserve that Penalty at all. Totally botched that call.

I am rooting for Portugal all the way, but I don't see them winning another if they beat Uruguay. 

3 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

I think he did us a favor so we don't have to watch Portugal ****house their way to the final somehow. 

Still haven't actually seen the penalty decision haha. 

? I haven't either but agree with the sentiment

10 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I'm obviously cheering for Portugal but any final without Brazil, Germany, or Spain would be worth watching in my book. 

Any final with Portugal would not be worth watching IMO. 

What's everyone's thoughts on the Pique tackle. I'm seeing a lot of comments saying it should have been a straight red (he wasn't even carded or a foul given). He definitely goes in two footed but looks to get the ball first and doesn't appear like it's studs up until he hits the ground. It's definitely a bit reckless and I could certainly agree with a yellow but think red would be a little harsh. 

2 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Any final with Portugal would not be worth watching IMO. 

Any team THAT unbalanced winning the world cup would be impressive. None of the 3 teams I listed would impress me at all. France would because they are so young. England would be impressive for the same reasons. I think it will be fun to watch as long as one of those 3 aren't in it. 

I feel as though you think it will be rigged if Ronaldo and Patricio win the world cup. 

Archived