2018 FIFA World Cup Group C & Group D

LeeEvans

2 minutes ago, viks4life said:

Sampaoli received an awful Argentina team and made it even worse. I just don't understand leaving guys like Lo Celso, Banega, Di Maria and Dybala on the bench. It's coaching criminality.

I'm mystified that Lo Celso can't even find a spot as a sub. Argentina desperately miss someone with passing range in the side and the only one who can maybe fill that void doesnt even get a look. 

Going with Sampaoli's 3-5-2:

------------------------- Caballero (lol)

---------- Mercado - Mascherano - Otamendi

Di Maria ------ Lo Celso - Banega -------------- Pavon

------------------------- Messi--------------------------------

------------------ Dybala - Aguero -----------------------

Get all the flair and creativity in there.

2 minutes ago, viks4life said:

I'm not a fan either but he's still much better than Meza/Pavon/Acuna.

And I think he actually performs pretty decently for Argentina. I was a surprised he was dropped, hes one of the few players who offers something a little different.

Just now, viks4life said:

Going with Sampaoli's 3-5-2:

Caballero (lol)

---------- Mercado - Mascherano - Otamendi

Di Maria ------ Lo Celso - Banega -------------- Pavon

------------------------- Messi--------------------------------

------------------ Dybala - Aguero------------------------

Get all the flair and creativity in there.

Dear God that team would be ripped apart haha. It would be fun to watch though!

4 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

And I think he actually performs pretty decently for Argentina. I was a surprised he was dropped, hes one of the few players who offers something a little different.

He was terrible in the first game.  Every time I watch him he is terrible.

I actually think based on their talent, Argentina should go with the Brazilian Box.  Especially now that they are going to need goals (if Iceland wins tomorrow).  Might as well just go all out and put all the elite attacking talent on the field together and hope for the best.  

Argentina are a bit of an overrated side to be honest.  Their quality is pretty much all in the forward position.  For a big time team, their midfield and defense are really lacking and they struggled in South American qualifying.  Not surprised at all that Croatia knocked them off, though they are historically a side that does not always play up to the sum of its parts.  Modric and Rakitic are pure class in midfield.

2 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

Dear God that team would be ripped apart haha. It would be fun to watch though!

Yeah that defence is suspect as it is, they’d have no cover at all lol. They’d be fun though. It just goes to show that you can have the quality up front all you want but if you don’t have the midfield then you’re gonna struggle big time. Croatia may not have the players up front of Argentina’s calibres but their midfield is so well balanced. They can afford to leave Kovacic on the bench.

3 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

Its everything. Hes chopped and changed formations, players and just about everything else imaginable. I dont want to put too much blame on him because he really does have a pretty awful pool of players but it's pretty hard to defend anything associated with this team. 

Awful? More than half of the coaches in this tournament would give up a nut to have his players.

Archived